• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Error 1019

Started by Cbudden, August 29, 2016, 06:19:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cbudden

I finally got a moment to install 170* thermostat and 3 bar sensor and try and do the tune and I keep getting the above error "Unlock Ecm Failed". Any fixes that we are aware of? I tried to do a search and didn't find any other instances of this reported.

Thanks in advance

Chris

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

AnotherGreenFusion

Had that issue early on. Make sure your voltage is above 12.7 at least prior to flashing. Also might help to disconnect the battery for 30 mins and re-connect.

I normally put mine on a 5amp trickle charge while flashing, not required but helpful.
'15 Fusion SE 2.0 AWD
CP-E Cold Side, Hot Side, αIntake, QKspl DP & RMM | Boomba Can | Cordova TB | Synapse Gen III BOV | Levels FMIC | 160* T-Stat | Steeda STB, Sway | Flatout 5700 | SCT by Unleashed/LMS 93v11

PM me for AMSOil @ Cost

FoMoCoSHO

sholxgt

Also make sure your strategy code matches what you gave the tuner.  I had an error because the dealer reflashed my car between me ordering the tune and install which changed the strategy code.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

Spenser281

I had the same problem when I did mine.  I called and spoke with SCT about it.  No clue what the problem is/was, but once I get the car in run mode, I never turn the car off again until the tuner is completely done.  Even when it says to turn the vehicle off, I leave it on and just hit continue on the tuner.  I have an X3, BTW.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
2010 SHO

Work in progress....

Cbudden

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on August 29, 2016, 07:49:21 PM
SCT or Mycal?
Sorry for delay, I was using a SCT tuner

Cbudden

Quote from: Spenser281 on August 29, 2016, 10:14:27 PM
I had the same problem when I did mine.  I called and spoke with SCT about it.  No clue what the problem is/was, but once I get the car in run mode, I never turn the car off again until the tuner is completely done.  Even when it says to turn the vehicle off, I leave it on and just hit continue on the tuner.  I have an X4, BTW.

Could you elaborate on getting it into run mode? Engine actually running or the accessory mode?

Thank you for the reply

sholxgt

When I flash mine, I hold the start button down for 5 seconds without putting my foot on the brake pedal.  I think the first click gets ACC mode and holding it down gets you in run mode, but without the car running.
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

Cbudden

Quote from: sholxgt on August 30, 2016, 04:44:16 PM
When I flash mine, I hold the start button down for 5 seconds without putting my foot on the accelerator pedal.  I think the first click gets ACC mode and holding it down gets you in run mode, but without the car running.
This is probably what I'm doing wrong, I'm just "tapping" the start button.

I'll give this a shot tonight if I get home from work early enough.

Thank you for the information

Spenser281

By accelerator pedal, I'm assuming sholxgt means brake pedal. :)

2010 SHO

Work in progress....

sholxgt

Quote from: Spenser281 on August 30, 2016, 05:03:29 PM
By accelerator pedal, I'm assuming sholxgt means brake pedal. :)

YES!  Thank you for catching that!  I will amend my post so that there isn't a major oops!

Just a strange fun fact...if you floor the accelerator pedal and push the button, the car will crank, but not start.  It will crank until you tap the button again.

paokara777

Yeah i was getting this message too, and the solutions for me was to (once initiating the tune) never ever touch the ignition button no matter what it tells you. Spenser281 already said the same thing

I think if you wait a second and ignore the message it automatically advances to the next step.

Daily Drive:
2010 Ford Taurus SHO, AJP 3BAR 93, K&N drop in
Weekend Cruiser:
1968 Ford Mustang Coupe 289 C Code
4Bl Carb, HiPo Cam, Headers and Exhaust