• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

3 bar tune

Started by ttanaka, August 27, 2016, 04:38:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ttanaka

Looking for help.

I ordered a livewire ts and am in the process of ordering some tunes for it. I've searched all of the ecoboost forums and haven't found anything that helped a lot. I just want to make sure I am doing everything correctly.

Order a 3 bar sensor from ford.
New spark plugs
170 tstat
tun from unleashed on my livewire.

Is there anything else I am missing? I also want to know if I can run the tune and just the 3 bar sensor for now as I dont want to change the plugs and thermostat quite yet.

2015 Ford Taurus SHO non-pp no mods
Thanks in advance everyone.

SHOdded

Yes, tune and 3 bar sensor 1st should be fine.  But best performance will be with properly gapped plugs, and of course, a cooler TStat.  The thing with plugs, you can pull them just to check them, but they are so cheap, changing them gives you a longer interval before having to change them again :)

Please do post an intro for yourself here:
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/board,14.0.html
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!