• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Just bought a SCT X4 7015 for my SHO and I can't wait!

Started by paokara777, August 24, 2016, 09:42:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glock-coma

Make sure you do some logs with those canned tunes. It's hit or miss how good/reliable they are from what I here.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

paokara777

Yeah so many people have expressed their concerns about me running "unsafe" canned tunes.

I honestly think they are safe, possibly overly safe/conservative.

It never misses, pings, knocks etc.
Daily Drive:
2010 Ford Taurus SHO, AJP 3BAR 93, K&N drop in
Weekend Cruiser:
1968 Ford Mustang Coupe 289 C Code
4Bl Carb, HiPo Cam, Headers and Exhaust

SHOdded

When you said 7s or 8s you had me worried for a second till I realized you are talking 1/8 mile times LOL.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

paokara777

LOL yeah. The drag strip close to me is 1/8th mile only unfortunately,
But from what i know, 1/8th mile time conversion tables are fairly accurate.
Daily Drive:
Weekend Cruiser:

derfdog15

I would highly recommend a real custom tune.

I know for my 15, SCT does not even offer canned tunes, and I believe that may be true of all 13+ SHOs.

From what I understand, they sort of just blindly increase spark, and a few other parameters in their canned tunes, which is not a good thing.

I am on Rev3 with AJPTurbo, a forum member (who I believe has already been mentioned), and so far my stock spark tables have not been touched, but I have increased boost over stock, much better shifts, much better launch, can chirp the tires on launch, and put the car sideways if I get into it under the right scenarios. This car is completely improved, and he is super knowledgeable and safe. My recommendation is to send him a PM and see what he can do. All I have right now is an axle back (sound), CAI (maybe +2 hp), and 3 bar (+0hp but allowing for increased boost).
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

paokara777

Hi.
I have messaged AJPTurbo and I will defiantly look to him when the time comes to get the custom tune.
I don't want to have one made until i have put the downpipe and catback on the car, as then i will need to have it done again.

Regarding the canned tune -- it did increase PSI and my shoft points and shift pressure are fully customizable.

I agree that AJPturbo will get the most out of my car, but i don't subscribe to the thought that the canned tune is "dangerous" or "blindly" doing anything.
I downloaded the latest canned tunes on my device, and the power increase just between new and old canned tunes was noticeable. I would imagine if you updated your SCT device you would also have tunes available for your 2013+ SHO. Not that you need them, i'm just saying that SCT release new tunes all the time, if they are developing tunes, then i would assume they are doing this with some guidance, not just blindly randomizing spark timing.

I assume that they are very very conservative tunes so that it is not a high risk "one size fits all" tune. Which is why a custom tune would be way better.
Daily Drive:
Weekend Cruiser:

derfdog15

Quote from: paokara777 on October 17, 2016, 10:20:46 AM
Hi.
I have messaged AJPTurbo and I will defiantly look to him when the time comes to get the custom tune.
I don't want to have one made until i have put the downpipe and catback on the car, as then i will need to have it done again.

Regarding the canned tune -- it did increase PSI and my shoft points and shift pressure are fully customizable.

I agree that AJPturbo will get the most out of my car, but i don't subscribe to the thought that the canned tune is "dangerous" or "blindly" doing anything.
I downloaded the latest canned tunes on my device, and the power increase just between new and old canned tunes was noticeable. I would imagine if you updated your SCT device you would also have tunes available for your 2013+ SHO. Not that you need them, i'm just saying that SCT release new tunes all the time, if they are developing tunes, then i would assume they are doing this with some guidance, not just blindly randomizing spark timing.

I assume that they are very very conservative tunes so that it is not a high risk "one size fits all" tune. Which is why a custom tune would be way better.

My X4 is completely up to date, and there are no canned tunes for my car. SCT also lists the vehicle as not supported on their site when looking to see what they make canned tunes for.

As for waiting until downpipes/catback, there really is no reason to wait. You can get a much nicer tune dialed in with a custom tune, and work out any potential issues/smooth out drive ability with the car where you are at now. That way, when you do downpipes/catback it will be a much quicker tune process (downpipe change is pretty easy from what I have been told).

At the end of the day it is your car, so do what you want, but that is my .02.
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

paokara777

OK I replaced plugs the other day and promised id put pics up.

My car is still running the 93 octane canned tune for the SCT X3

I plan to get a custom tune in time for the racing season starting soon (i havent had time with work to datalog which is what AJP needed)

The old plugs look great to me!

Daily Drive:
Weekend Cruiser:

SHOdded

They do look in great shape.  Did you measure the gap?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!