• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Just bought a SCT X4 7015 for my SHO and I can't wait!

Started by paokara777, August 24, 2016, 09:42:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paokara777

yeah, i was trying to be funny but to be honest, this car is fast enough for now

I think i might wait till i get "used" to the power.

Also i have a scheduled race against a F150 ecoboost in October so i might see what i can get out of it as it is (as you suggested)

I would, however, at some point like to get a muffler delete because it sounds so sick and i want it
Daily Drive:
2010 Ford Taurus SHO, AJP 3BAR 93, K&N drop in
Weekend Cruiser:
1968 Ford Mustang Coupe 289 C Code
4Bl Carb, HiPo Cam, Headers and Exhaust

FoMoCoSHO

I actually like the sound of the Muffler delete. The price is right as well.

FoMoCoSHO

Another inexpensive mod is the rear spring coil cut.

http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,5204.0.html

This and the above mod are wife, wallet, and warranty friendly as well.

paokara777

Oh so you mean i dont have to look like im driving a Subaru Forester?
Daily Drive:
Weekend Cruiser:

paokara777

FoMoCoSHO i have a question for you (or anyone willing to answer)

now that i have a better tune (im running a 91 tune) should i be re-gapping my plugs?
If so, what gap? 0.030 ?

Cheers
Daily Drive:
Weekend Cruiser:

SHOdded

Since you are using a canned tune, you must ask the Magic 8 Ball ...!

Most people run plugs gapped at 0.030 when tuned.  If you did not put in new plugs, you may have the old SP528 spec plugs, which are prone to cracked insulators.  So might as well put in new SP534 plugs, check to see if gapped at 0.030 (they come very near that from factory, or so I hear).  no point in pulling out old plugs and putting them back in.  Once tuned, the lifecycle of plugs gets shortened.

If you do pull the plugs, please post pics!!!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

paokara777

Daily Drive:
Weekend Cruiser:

sholxgt

Great advice from SHOdded as usual.

Those are the correct plugs.  My Ford dealer had them in stock and I think I paid less than that.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

SHOdded

Those are them!

IDK if you are familiar with the purchasing outlets in the U.S., but with a little planning, you can get parts at pretty good prices from RockAuto.com
http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,2010,taurus,3.5l+v6+turbocharged,1445050
Plugs:  http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,2010,taurus,3.5l+v6+turbocharged,1445050,ignition,spark+plug,7212
A 5% discount code can usually be found in this thread:
http://shoforum.com/index.php?threads/rock-auto-discount-code.55138/
Currently
4963983325584995 - This discount code expires on October 16, 2016

Retail and online options include Advance Auto Parts, AutoZone, Oreilly's, Pep Boys etc.  They may even have coupon specials running for online &/or instore pickup.  A good place to check is
http://www.retailmenot.com
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

paokara777

Well, before you posted i found them in stock at a local O'Reilly store for $7.99 a pop
Daily Drive:
Weekend Cruiser:

paokara777

Wow that retail me not site is MINT! Thanks!
Daily Drive:
Weekend Cruiser:

paokara777

I took my SHO to the track yesterday in a street race style shootout, but the real purpose of the day for me was to get a time slip.
My only mods are: K&N filter (rectangle style not POD) and a SCT canned tune (running 93, and using the 93 octane canned tune)
Here is the timeslip

Here is the actual race https://www.facebook.com/seth.ezell/videos/10157631241835338/
Daily Drive:
Weekend Cruiser:

paokara777

Forgot to add, the other car was a Pontiac G8 with X pipe. He got a way better jump than I did.
Daily Drive:
Weekend Cruiser:

SHOdded

paokara777

Yeah that's the plan.
Actually the plan is : Downpipe, Muffler delete, custom tune, back to the track and get into the 7's (low 8's at least) hopefully
Daily Drive:
Weekend Cruiser: