• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

7* of Knock from 2-3 shift at WOT.

Started by hunterbabich, August 24, 2016, 07:08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

Quote from: BOT_ROCKET on September 19, 2016, 12:50:48 AM
Quote from: StealBlueSho on September 18, 2016, 06:36:59 PM
I hate to say it...show me an Unleashed log where they sit at 2K through the whole run... I have not seen it... But then again... He uses nothing to control boost spikes... Those kill your fuel rail... He is 100% balls to the wall all the time... No tq control and no throttle control... Not that there is anything wrong with that... It's just his style... Part of the race car feel I believe is riding out those boost spikes with no reductions...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Is that uncommon among the various tuners?
Not at all, it's very common in general. Because our cars tend to have massive boost spikes at shift other tuners have taken to using some kind of method to try to control boost spikes.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

metroplex

Are you seeing boost spikes at the MAP or the TIP? It would be normal at the TIP, but shouldn't be that high for the MAP.

As for knock retard, I was seeing the max using a stock factory tune with 87 octane (7.5*)

Can you confirm the amount of boost you are seeing with the Unleashed tune? With 91 octane, it may be pushing it too much, I probably wouldn't go over 15.2-15.5 psi (which is where a 3-bar MAP is needed).
Previously: 2014 SHO
12.4 @ 110.9 mph

Current: 2017 Fusion Sport