• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Fuel Pump Module Recall

Started by sholxgt, August 23, 2016, 07:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

Here is the update on the procedure for the recall and as a courtesy the dealer installed a high performance module.LOL.with part number AA8Z-9D370-D .Work order below :).  Z       https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8JUL90DXgdib0hheEtpQVJtY3JLTEhkRlZVeHlaSlFkYnU0/view?usp=sharing

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

It looks like they also installed a new Harness/connector to the module.  Z   

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Ramairetransam

does the 13 mks ecoboost get this recall. I went to get tires balanced at a horrible lincoln dealer and they said their were none . I didnt believe them.
13 Mks Ecoboost

ZSHO

Quote from: Ramairetransam on November 09, 2016, 10:40:12 AM
does the 13 mks ecoboost get this recall. I went to get tires balanced at a horrible lincoln dealer and they said their were none . I didnt believe them.
Yup,did you receive a recall letter in the mail.?  Z.  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8JUL90DXgdiaWxocmdhUnEteTdQbmdTbDJzU3BKLXpFZzQw/view

BlueSHO

Quote from: Ramairetransam on November 09, 2016, 10:40:12 AM
I would report that dealer to Ford big time. This recall is a major safety item and if they told you no recall on your mks and there is that's a major flaw in that dealership..

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

FoMoCoSHO

The Ford owner website should show you any open recalls.

JOE_SHO

I just picked up my SHO and the dealer said the parts were on back order and I had to sign a waiver that the recall was still open and Ford with notify me when parts are available. Is this true?
2013 SHO
1993 Supra TT 6 speed

ecoboostsho

Quote from: JOE_SHO on November 14, 2016, 10:03:20 AM
I just picked up my SHO and the dealer said the parts were on back order and I had to sign a waiver that the recall was still open and Ford with notify me when parts are available. Is this true?
Yes that is technically true.  They have parts but are supposed to be saving them for individuals that actually have the module fail.  Some of us have been able to convince our dealers to replace them proactively but it's at their discretion I believe.
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

ZSHO

If you look at page 3 pertaining to [Stock vehicles] they should of corrected the issue prior to delivery knowing the fact a major safety recall is in effect.IDK  Z    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8JUL90DXgdiaWxocmdhUnEteTdQbmdTbDJzU3BKLXpFZzQw/view

metroplex

I just received the letter today saying parts are available. I called my local dealership on Tuesday (29 NOV) but they said parts weren't available and had to be ordered.

I took a picture of the relay for my 2014 SHO, and it looks nothing like the one in the recall PDF that ZSHO posted. What I assume is the supplier code ends in -0C, and there aren't any Ford engineering part numbers.

I have an open recall for the license plate lamps, and want to get both done at once. My backup camera also stops working intermittently, but the dealer is probably going to say "problem not reproducible".
Previously: 2014 SHO
12.4 @ 110.9 mph

Current: 2017 Fusion Sport

ZSHO

Quote from: metroplex on December 03, 2016, 07:46:14 PM
I just received the letter today saying parts are available. I called my local dealership on Tuesday (29 NOV) but they said parts weren't available and had to be ordered.

I took a picture of the relay for my 2014 SHO, and it looks nothing like the one in the recall PDF that ZSHO posted. What I assume is the supplier code ends in -0C, and there aren't any Ford engineering part numbers.

I have an open recall for the license plate lamps, and want to get both done at once. My backup camera also stops working intermittently, but the dealer is probably going to say "problem not reproducible".
I have many pdf's here which one R U referring to? Due post us a pic of that one of kind module of your's. BTW the backup camera probably needs to be calibrated through IDS. Z   https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8JUL90DXgdib0hheEtpQVJtY3JLTEhkRlZVeHlaSlFkYnU0/view          https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8JUL90DXgdiWHR0eVhmb3RXNTF1RzM3ZDlCcjN2bEJsMGJN/view

metroplex

The second PDF is the one I was talking about. Mine does not have any engineering part numbers. The first PDF is interesting. It means the -D relay for about $25 is the updated part.

I thought calibration of the camera is just for the lines? There is a way to calibrate it with FORSCAN on my 2014
12.4 @ 110.9 mph

ZSHO

Quote from: metroplex on December 04, 2016, 07:56:48 AM
The second PDF is the one I was talking about. Mine does not have any engineering part numbers. The first PDF is interesting. It means the -D relay for about $25 is the updated part.

I thought calibration of the camera is just for the lines? There is a way to calibrate it with FORSCAN on my 2014
C my post here.  Z     http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,6600.75.html

metroplex

Which one? I thought I saw one where you posted the receipt with the -D part number. The catalog shows -B to be the original replacement.
12.4 @ 110.9 mph

ZSHO

Quote from: metroplex on December 04, 2016, 08:09:03 AM
Which one? I thought I saw one where you posted the receipt with the -D part number. The catalog shows -B to be the original replacement.
The stock module part number is not visible to the naked eye.....I finally was able to find the part number which ends in 0C   [Number 0 followed by a letter C] right above highlighted in pink which tells me it needs replacing. :).....if it ends in 5F as mentioned earlier it does NOT need replacing.  Z   BTW used a flashlight along with the phones flash to try to capture the part number at an angle.