• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Fuel Pump Module Recall

Started by sholxgt, August 23, 2016, 07:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CroR1

Quote from: ZSHO on September 18, 2016, 08:12:56 AM
This am after driving for roughly 15 min to get some coffee came home to grab my 10mm socket,Ratchet to inspect the module a bit further noticed it was a bit warm to the touch on a 60 degree morning with very limited driving on a full tank of gas......just makes you wonder the effect's if the conditions were greater.....wonder if installing some heat resistant tape on the metal might help to alleviate these conditions a tit. Z  :hmmm:

That would not be a bad idea. Too much heat or cold is an issue with just about anything electrical

ZSHO

Quote from: CroR1 on September 18, 2016, 09:13:08 AM
Quote from: ZSHO on September 18, 2016, 08:12:56 AM
This am after driving for roughly 15 min to get some coffee came home to grab my 10mm socket,Ratchet to inspect the module a bit further noticed it was a bit warm to the touch on a 60 degree morning with very limited driving on a full tank of gas......just makes you wonder the effect's if the conditions were greater.....wonder if installing some heat resistant tape on the metal might help to alleviate these conditions a tit. Z  :hmmm:

That would not be a bad idea. Too much heat or cold is an issue with just about anything electrical
I would install an auto circulation fan mounted inside the trunk to keep everything cool. 8) page 12. Z   Trunk Circulation Fan
• Fan is mounted on bottom side of rear deck behind 2nd row seat in trunk
• Trunk circulation fan pulls air from interior of vehicle into trunk
• Trunk is vented at bottom on driver and passenger sides
• Fan is wired complete and fully functional as vehicle is delivered – operates with "key on"
position – feed from underhood Battery Junction Box (BJB) "Run Start Feed #1" circuit/       https://www.fleet.ford.com/truckbbas/non-html/2013/P-010.pdf

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

slurppie

Wouldn't the metal brace it's attached to act as a heat sink and actually help pull heat away from the module?

sent from my speak n' spell using tin cans and string

2013 w/PP
Synthetic blinker fluid
Ceramic muffler bearings

Auggie

How about just leaving the panel that covers the module off for now ??

Auggie

SHOdded

If Z has to get his FPCM replaced, maybe he can convince the SA to dissect the old part :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on September 18, 2016, 05:39:10 PM
If Z has to get his FPCM replaced, maybe he can convince the SA to dissect the old part :)
True indeed :) But in the meantime it looks like i'll be driving with my rear seats down along with a full tank of gas until then.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Take the opportunity to improve the bass response of your audio system in the meantime :D
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

I replaced mine without a hitch when I was troubleshooting a non existent fuel problem..5 minute job... Including pulling the old one out of the box...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

SHOdded

Wouldnt happen to have kept the old part, would ya?

ZSHO

I actually just received my recall notice in the mail and here it is.  Z   

SHOdded

Nice of 'em to throw the battery in there, LOL!

ZSHO

I noticed on page 2 that you will be eligible for a reimbursement if you had this specific part changed prior to this recall but you will still need to get it inspected. Z 

Auggie

Yup, just got mine today.

Auggie

sholxgt

Mine looks the same other than saying Lincoln at the top.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

ZSHO

I'm trying to look into finding the part number on the so called module itself because as mentioned a while back it very vague and hazy and will keep ya'll updated on any findings. BTW think the curiosity is getting the best of me,LOL.  Z