• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Fuel Pump Module Recall

Started by sholxgt, August 23, 2016, 07:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slurppie

Good luck, while its super easy to get to, i could barely read any info on mine.

sent from my speak n' spell using tin cans and string

2013 w/PP
Synthetic blinker fluid
Ceramic muffler bearings

ZSHO

I Definitely agree with Slurpie that it was an easy process but could NOT read the part number on the module and here is a very easy How To )lower the rear passenger seat down. 2)carefully remove the plastic screw(rivet)that holds down the side cover with a small flat head screw driver which took me literally a few minutes to do,easy peasy.  Z 

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

sholxgt

Looks easy...if you have folding rear seats :(  Guessing the MKS will require climbing into the trunk.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

ZSHO

Quote from: sholxgt on September 15, 2016, 03:34:38 PM
Looks easy...if you have folding rear seats :(  Guessing the MKS will require climbing into the trunk.
It sounds like your still feeling the repercussions of the DP install but no worries its a piece of cake compared to that. LOL .Z  ;)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

sholxgt

Great one Z!!!  Totally true!

Well, I'm at a loss.  Mine was a pain in the rear because you have to lay in the trunk and remove/peel back the side panel that runs the length of the trunk to access.  Once I accessed the module, I had to unbolt it in order to see it at all since it's between the seat back and frame of the trunk.

Once unbolted and out in plain sight, it does not have any numbers on it.  I even took pictures of each side and then blew them up on my computer.  Nothing.  At this point, I'm clueless.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

L1gerZero

no part number whatsoever definitely means to me "the supplier part number suffix, is not 5f"
2017 Lincoln MKZ Black Label 3.0 AWD

L1gerZero

Oh and as of today, bare with me here, this changed from just a bulletin to they will be going through with the repairs. They took the backseat out right there on the spot when i asked them about it and they double checked.

SHOdded

How exactly did they check?  Don't they just have VIN codes to go by?

L1gerZero

Honestly I wouldn't be able to tell you too much. They had a computer in front of my car (i was under it inspecting their work) and he when he went to bring up my original invoice it said bulletin, but he said he had seen something on some boards yesterday so he checked again and it changed. I don't have that paperwork for the recall check, they are mailing me the right stuff since mine was wrong. When i receive it i can post a picture here for their exact words.

ZSHO

Quote from: L1gerZero on September 15, 2016, 10:45:23 PM
Honestly I wouldn't be able to tell you too much. They had a computer in front of my car (i was under it inspecting their work) and he when he went to bring up my original invoice it said bulletin, but he said he had seen something on some boards yesterday so he checked again and it changed. I don't have that paperwork for the recall check, they are mailing me the right stuff since mine was wrong. When i receive it i can post a picture here for their exact words.
I think he referenced the bulletin found on this Board posted by me yesterday, HA . Z

66 Galaxie

Sounds like a smart tech to learn from you
'14 Flex Tuxedo Black ecoboost

CroR1

I am late to the party, but the parts are not available for most. I am on on hold until further notice

ZSHO

This am after driving for roughly 15 min to get some coffee came home to grab my 10mm socket,Ratchet to inspect the module a bit further noticed it was a bit warm to the touch on a 60 degree morning with very limited driving on a full tank of gas......just makes you wonder the effect's if the conditions were greater.....wonder if installing some heat resistant tape on the metal might help to alleviate these conditions a tit. Z  :hmmm: