• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Blind Spot Sensors Disabling Themselves?

Started by 14SHOCAR, August 20, 2016, 01:18:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

14SHOCAR

Hey all -- While I was travelling in Indianapolis, my blind spot sensors decided to say something about an "obstruction" and they disabled themselves. It was pretty rainy, and I'm trying to convince myself that it had to do with water getting in or around the sensor?

I ended up turning off my car, walking to the rear sensors and wiping / pressing on each of them. After, I've had no issue.

Anyone else have problems? Is there where the problem starts, or should I just chalk it up to being a fluke?
18 Volvo S90 Inscription - 2.0T Twin Charged - Polestar Tuned.
17 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T GTDI -To Tune, or Not To Tune -- THAT is the question.
15 Road Glide Special - CFR Exhaust, Powder Coated everything, DirtyAir Air ride
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)
LMS 93 V8 3Bar Tune, K&N Intake, LMS 160 t-stat, LMS pre-gapped plugs, Corsa Exhaust

SHOdded

Pretty common issue with the blind spot sensors and with ACC.  I would check the wiring/connections to make sure there is no dirt/water intrusion.  Clean them up and reinstall with some dielectric grease to keep out the nasties.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Its like your Mother always told ya keep them "clean between the ears".....especially any Wax buildup and the same rule applies with the sensors,LOL.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

FoMoCoSHO

That is your car telling you it needs washed!

14SHOCAR

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on August 20, 2016, 05:37:08 PM
That is your car telling you it needs washed!

I do refer to my car as a "Her". She could just put a light on that says "wash me" instead of going as far as disabling my blind spot sensors.

On a serious note, after I pressed / wiped on each sensor, I've no problems. I'll get under the car and put some dielectric grease on the plugs just to make sure all is well.
18 Volvo S90 Inscription - 2.0T Twin Charged - Polestar Tuned.
17 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T GTDI -To Tune, or Not To Tune -- THAT is the question.
15 Road Glide Special - CFR Exhaust, Powder Coated everything, DirtyAir Air ride
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)
LMS 93 V8 3Bar Tune, K&N Intake, LMS 160 t-stat, LMS pre-gapped plugs, Corsa Exhaust