• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Knock PID!!!!

Started by EcoPowerParts, July 19, 2013, 12:23:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoPowerParts

Somebody please configure Torque for this PID and see if you can monitor knock.

Manufacture ID: OEM_FORD
COM Level ID: CommLevel_ISO 14229
Comm Type ID: CAN_COMM
Category: Spark
Name: Knock Sensor
16 Char Name: Knock Sensor
Description: Knock Sensor Retard
Address: 0x3ec
Address size: 2
Units: Degrees
Data Type: Int16
Binary Point: 9
Multiplier: 1

How to add the PID

• Open Torque and go to "Settings" (usually by pressing the bottom left key [looks like an upside down box] on the phone / tablet and then selecting Settings).
  • Scroll down in the settings list and click "Manage extra PIDs/Sensors"
  • Press the Menu button again (looks like upside down box) and press "Add custom PID"
  • Press "OK" to agree.
  • Fill out the appropriate information from the information above.

Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

ecoboostsho

I have had that loaded up in Torque for some time.  I documented it quite a bit over on the "other" forum although I have to admit it didn't generate much discussion.  I can confirm that you can get data back on that PID (In Torque you do need to type a 2203EC because it needs to know the mode (which is 22 in this case).  I could never really figure out the formula though - perhaps someone on here could offer some assistance...here are my observations.

First it is normally "0" at idle.  If you start to accelerate lightly it jumps to 255 and starts decrementing by 1...almost like a "hey I'm active and counting down".  If you floor it - it seems to go back to zero and will occasionally count a 1 or 2 - which I always assumed "might" be knock but I could never really tell.  If I try and compare it to my SCT it always appeared that reading this PID unscaled seemed to be a 4 times the value of the SCT.  I do see above it has an address size of 16 which I assume is two bytes so the Torque formula probably needs an "A" and a "B" parameter in the formula.  I am only using the "A" parameter. 

Does anyone know what "binary point 9" means??  "Multiplier of 1" I assume means no scaling value is required.

Thank you very much for at least confirming this is an actual knock PID. (Was never 100% positive) but I still can't really get a value I know is right.
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

adelsin

^--- Point nine or 512
2013 Green Gem SHO PP, all available options.

ecoboostsho

Okay I guess that makes sense.  What does it mean in relation to the PID though?  Does it factor in to the equation somehow?
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)

ecoboostsho

Does anyone have a PID for Trans Temp??

adelsin

My guess is that its a reference.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

2013 Green Gem SHO PP, all available options.

EcoPowerParts

So can anyone get this working right ?

Sent from my phone with lots of misspelled words...

www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

ecoboostsho

EcoPowerParts

I got in a huge fight with an sct engineer over email discussing this. He kept telling me to use tsx or live link, I told him just help me with the knock pid. It didn't end well, another employee apologized for them but still said use sct crapware instead of just telling me the calculation they use

Sent from my phone with lots of misspelled words...
www.ecopowerparts.com -

ecoboostsho

That stinks.  Props for trying though.  I can understand them maybe not wanting to share the PID but not the equation.  As for Live Link I would use it if they would invest some resources in to making it useable program.

I will keep trying to make sense of it.  I know using Forscan there is a PID called knock degree timing (or something similar) and it goes positive and negative so if this is the same PID it might be using a two's complement or need to mask some bits or something...if only it were obvious.  Torque can handle all of those things but guessing at the equation isn't easy (at least for me).

Larrylu

Quote from: ecoboostsho on July 26, 2013, 08:44:26 PM
That stinks.  Props for trying though.  I can understand them maybe not wanting to share the PID but not the equation.  As for Live Link I would use it if they would invest some resources in to making it useable program.

I will keep trying to make sense of it.  I know using Forscan there is a PID called knock degree timing (or something similar) and it goes positive and negative so if this is the same PID it might be using a two's complement or need to mask some bits or something...if only it were obvious.  Torque can handle all of those things but guessing at the equation isn't easy (at least for me).

Anybody try to post a request for help with the formula to Ian?  He is pretty prompt with his responses to queries on the Torque forum.
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: Larrylu on July 26, 2013, 11:19:12 PM
Quote from: ecoboostsho on July 26, 2013, 08:44:26 PM

Anybody try to post a request for help with the formula to Ian?  He is pretty prompt with his responses to queries on the Torque forum.
I offered him cash for the nested alert previously.
If you guys can get it to work that would be awesome.
I also need to figure out how to match my instrument cluster with Torque, just installed my tablet with a pretty cool little dash mount that Troy told me about, cheap and awesome.
www.ecopowerparts.com -

Larrylu

[/quote]
I offered him cash for the nested alert previously.
If you guys can get it to work that would be awesome.
I also need to figure out how to match my instrument cluster with Torque, just installed my tablet with a pretty cool little dash mount that Troy told me about, cheap and awesome.
[/quote]

Love to see a pic of your new mount. I'm now also using a new inexpensive mount that I like better than all my previous home made attempts. Also I finally whipped the charging issues that have plagued me. Victory feels great.
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: Larrylu on July 27, 2013, 12:02:09 AM

Love to see a pic of your new mount. I'm now also using a new inexpensive mount that I like better than all my previous home made attempts. Also I finally whipped the charging issues that have plagued me. Victory feels great.
Just posted it. :)
www.ecopowerparts.com -

painterpatt

So did you get it to work 4DRHTRD? I saw the pic in the mount thread and it says knock on the screen?
Koolaid drinkin, Flex drivin !!