• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Newb here- help with scantool apps.

Started by Colorado-SHOBro, August 01, 2016, 12:07:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoMoCoSHO

I wouldn't worry about it...

The last couple of times I returned the stock i barely had KR and that was on tip in, not WOT, which is pretty typical .

IDK how big your tank is but the corn will definitely suppress knock.

Did you put the 1.2 gal of corn in by itself or did you top off with 93?

Look at the bright side, there a few guys on here that would love to have your problem.

Colorado-SHOBro

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on August 14, 2016, 12:42:23 PM

The last couple of times I returned the stock i barely had KR and that was on tip in, not WOT, which is pretty typical .

Look at the bright side, there a few guys on here that would love to have your problem.
no I put in regular 85 octane to stimulate some knock just to verify the gauge, not E85. and still no positive values.
11' SHO so 19 gal tank. the last 10 days or so I've been running e15-20ish blends so it didn't surprise me too much not to see KR. now I'm a bit puzzled though. . how could the car not knock on 85oct if the gauges are working?
don't know about this platform but other FI cars usually have KR from the factory, especially on low octane fuel

and yes, if I'm experiencing zero knock on 85 them I'm a damn happy camper!! feels weird hoping to see a degree or two of KR on the gauge- usually that makes some cringe. I just wanna know the gauge is working before I start mods and tuning
11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: 8nutz8 on August 14, 2016, 01:27:54 PM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on August 14, 2016, 12:42:23 PM

no I put in regular 85 octane to stimulate some knock just to verify the gauge, not E85. and still no positive values.
11' SHO so 19 gal tank. the last 10 days or so I've been running e15-20ish blends so it didn't surprise me too much not to see KR. now I'm a bit puzzled though. . how could the car not knock on 85oct if the gauges are working?
don't know about this platform but other FI cars usually have KR from the factory, especially on low octane fuel

and yes, if I'm experiencing zero knock on 85 them I'm a damn happy camper!! feels weird hoping to see a degree or two of KR on the gauge- usually that makes some cringe. I just wanna know the gauge is working before I start mods and tuning
Lol, I should've looked at your sig.

I thought you meant E85, not 85 octane...I'd get that crap out of your car ASAP.

Are you running the octane adjust ratio gauge?

If so what does it display?

Colorado-SHOBro

I just put in enough 85  for the 15 mile drive home to test the KR gauge with. It's already ran out and I put 5.5 gallons of 87 octane in it today- didn't want to run s*** gas anymore than I had to. after putting in the 87 and driving to work today I saw values bouncing around at positive .5-1.5 and the max carrot at 2 degrees. . so the gauge does seem to be working!! now I'll run the 87 out of it and return to 91 and or E blends.
don't currently have the OAR set up. had it for a day or so but didn't know how to interpret the values.

now I need to figure out how to lower the trans temps. 210+ cruising on a 85 degree day 😨
11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: 8nutz8 on August 14, 2016, 02:00:19 PM
I just put in enough 85  for the 15 mile drive home to test the KR gauge with. It's already ran out and I put 5.5 gallons of 87 octane in it today- didn't want to run s*** gas anymore than I had to. after putting in the 87 and driving to work today I saw values bouncing around at positive .5-1.5 and the max carrot at 2 degrees. . so the gauge does seem to be working!! now I'll run the 87 out of it and return to 91 and or E blends.
don't currently have the OAR set up. had it for a day or so but didn't know how to interpret the values.

now I need to figure out how to lower the trans temps. 210+ cruising on a 85 degree day 😨
Amsoil fluid for the tranny and/or add PP cooler.

Colorado-SHOBro

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on August 14, 2016, 02:06:05 PM

amsoil will be put in at the first scheduled tranny service, hopefully ford will flush and fill with something other than motorcraft as its still under warranty. PP cooler or other aux cooler will be the eventual fix but for now I'm gonna change to colder coolant t-stat and trans bi-pass T-stat and in thinking that will keep it cool enough for a while.

what exactly do the OAR units signify? I know it's a ratio but not sure what they quantify to or how to read into the values

thanks for the prompt replies FoMoCo!

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: 8nutz8 on August 14, 2016, 04:17:21 PM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on August 14, 2016, 02:06:05 PM

amsoil will be put in at the first scheduled tranny service, hopefully ford will flush and fill with something other than motorcraft as its still under warranty. PP cooler or other aux cooler will be the eventual fix but for now I'm gonna change to colder coolant t-stat and trans bi-pass T-stat and in thinking that will keep it cool enough for a while.

what exactly do the OAR units signify? I know it's a ratio but not sure what they quantify to or how to read into the values

thanks for the prompt replies FoMoCo!
https://cobbtuning.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204049644-Octane-Adjust-Ratio-OAR-

http://stratifiedauto.com/blog/understanding-knock-and-ignition-corrections-in-your-high-performance-ecoboost-engine/

Colorado-SHOBro

^ good reading. that makes sense.

OAR is still reading -1 but I've only put about 35 miles on the car with the lower octane so I'm sure it's still learning

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

Ramairetransam

i use ultra guage blue and im not happy with it . I got it for my 12 passat tdi and it worked for that but im not happy with it for the mks .
13 Mks Ecoboost