• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

"How- to" Access Advanced Ford PIDs Using a Scan Tool

Started by breeves002, July 18, 2013, 04:04:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adelsin

May need help with it.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk 2

2013 Green Gem SHO PP, all available options.

dalum

My ford tech cd still calls it a SJB I think. It was the "fuse box" under the dash I believe I'll have to look at it again tomorrow.  The output for my drivers front turn signal got hosed.
2013 Non-PP SHO

breeves002

Quote from: dalum on July 19, 2013, 12:46:17 AM
My ford tech cd still calls it a SJB I think. It was the "fuse box" under the dash I believe I'll have to look at it again tomorrow.  The output for my drivers front turn signal got hosed.

They may not have updated it. I'm 90% sure that its a BCM in the 2013's. It's virtually the same thing, just different terminology. On any car without a gateway module the networks meet up in the instrument cluster. I could be wrong on the BCM, I'll try to find out for sure.
SHO Lover and Advanced Diagnostics Enthusiast
2008 Mercury Sable Premier - 3.5L N/A Duratec

EcoPowerParts

I have confirmation that the devices from Scantool.net:
http://www.scantool.net/obdlink-mx.html
and
http://www.scantool.net/scan-tools/smart-phone/obdlink-bluetooth.html

Can do both HS and MS CAN data logging, I am working on confirming if it is simultaneously.
No switch required.
I'm also working on getting myself set up as a dealer or have them set up some group buys.
Great thing is they are here in Phoenix with me.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

breeves002

Thats great news! Planning on finding out some sweet info on a 2013 tonight so stay tuned!
EDIT: Just read you are trying to find out if it works simultaneously. That is the big question. I knew at least the first could do both.

I'm planning on buying one of these pretty soon: http://batman.homelinux.com/blog/stn1170-bluetooth-obdii-adapter/

It's the STN1170 chip but costs less than the OBDLink MX.

The only thing I could ask for now is access to dealer scan tool software as well as a writable scan tool device. Of course even if I got the dealer software for free, the hardware is crazy expensive.

adelsin

Read in the manual about BCM today... hope that helps. I should be available about 5pm tonight AZ time.

Need to load the laptop with scantool drivers, download and install forscan, and for time's sake, get teamviewer on it. I'm on point to point wireless with no dedicated IP. You may have to settle for skype.

adelsin

I set up FORscan and my adapter... Enabled hscan on the sofyware... Then my awd turned off then on a lot threw some abs codes and then service awd light came on then off...

Couldnt find any of the 4wd pids mentioned in the screenshot. Do i have to do something to get them to show?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

ecoboostsho

Hmmm...mine did something similar with the ABS (threw a code related to ABS but not the 4x4 module) but thought it was just me.  Try this. Turn off the car. unplug the adapter.  Close Forscan.  Restart the car and the adapter.  Then try and run Forscan again.  Clear the DTC's.  Try connecting again.  If that doesn't work repeat the "reset". 

The code seemed to keep Forscan from working somehow although I could clear it.  I'm assuming you don't have any other OBD readers (i.e. Torque) connected at the same time.  That would give pretty unpredictable results.
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

adelsin

I dont jave the 4wd clutch pwm status

adelsin

I have awd clutch commanded and diagnostic signal

adelsin

First Row, APP - Accelerator Pedal Position

Second Row, AWD_CLTCH_CMD - AWD Clutch Control Commanded

Third Row, AWD_CLT_DIAGSIG - AWD Clutch Diagnostic Signal

I'm assuming Second Row is the AWD engaging?

One is 0-60 with powerbraking... notice how the clutch control is commanded prior to full launch?

I'm chalking up not having the same settings due to being a 2013. :/

Other is normal driving down street. No traction slip.

breeves002

Looks like the AWD is working correctly! You can see how its getting ready for you to launch (not quite going full on, but close). Then you can see how you go WOT and it pops up to full on with you.

breeves002

So some new info today! Connected to HSCAN only to a 2013 SHO. Thank you to adelsin for the help! Our conversation got cut short, but learning new things every day!!

See we have the BdyCM for the Body Control Module which replaced the SJB for the 2013MY! Ran a self test on it and it honked the horn at people he was near :P heh! Interestingly enough it goes over HSCAN instead of MSCAN like the SJB on the previous years goes over. It may have an MSCAN section too, but we didn't get to that since his reader ONLY reads HSCAN.

It seems that the AWD module was removed for the 2013MY and is now built directly into the PCM! Interesting! Still need someone that has an OBDLink MX to please connect to MSCAN and show me everything on that side to confirm everything.

adelsin

I may be able to get with 4D and borrow his to see whats connecting. I wonder if I select no to hscan if it displays ms can??

breeves002

Quote from: adelsin on July 20, 2013, 12:13:39 AM
I may be able to get with 4D and borrow his to see whats connecting. I wonder if I select no to hscan if it displays ms can??

Possibly, I'm wondering if FORScan just can't display MSCAN through the STN1170 chip, and only through the ELM327 with a switch.... I'll have to do some research.