• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Turbocharged Directinjection Is Engine Oil’s Next Big Hurdle

Started by FoMoCoSHO, July 19, 2016, 04:24:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott4957

Good read. Main takeaway for me was "use high quality oil" which most of us always do.
2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost, AJP Tuned

sholxgt

Quote from: Scott4957 on July 19, 2016, 04:56:29 PM
Good read. Main takeaway for me was "use high quality oil" which most of us always do.

That is so true!  If you have a modern car, you need a modern oil.

My wife's Fit is a 1.5L NA 4 cylinder built by Honda in Japan.  I choose to use good oil in it, but the reality is that all it needs is to be something wet and slippery.

The flip side is our 3.5 EB's.  The motors are Direct Injected, Turbo Charged, and built by Ford.  Using less than a full synthetic is probably not a good idea.  It has a lot to overcome right out of the gate.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

AnotherGreenFusion

Good read, that reminds me that I need to change the oil soon. Esp with all this hotlapping I have been doing.
'15 Fusion SE 2.0 AWD
CP-E Cold Side, Hot Side, αIntake, QKspl DP & RMM | Boomba Can | Cordova TB | Synapse Gen III BOV | Levels FMIC | 160* T-Stat | Steeda STB, Sway | Flatout 5700 | SCT by Unleashed/LMS 93v11

PM me for AMSOil @ Cost

SHOdded

Some are OCD enough to change the oil before venturing out on the strip AND after :)  You are running Amsoil?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!