• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Trying to hit 8 flat or mid to high 7s

Started by Switchgears32, July 01, 2016, 02:37:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: Scott4957 on July 01, 2016, 03:53:20 PM
Yeah my pump failed and my car did not melt down. I have the log, it pulled all the timing, closed the throttle a bit and fuel pressure came back up. If you get to 7.99 just adding down pipes it was likely due to better conditions/driving. I highly doubt they will take 2 tenths off the 1/8th. Not saying you won't get there with it, just saying the DP's are not worth 2 tenths in the 1/8th. I know there are 3bar 93 tune only cars out there that have broke into the 7's.

You can do meth for $400 and get much more out of the car than DP's at twice the price. The 50 shot will do it as well, but its not an always available kind of thing like meth. I would love to have a 50 on top of my meth. Its all about what you want, but HP/$ you are looking at Meth, then 50shot, then DP's.
Did you post that log?

Scott4957

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on July 01, 2016, 05:08:45 PM
Yeah my pump failed and my car did not melt down. I have the log, it pulled all the timing, closed the throttle a bit and fuel pressure came back up. If you get to 7.99 just adding down pipes it was likely due to better conditions/driving. I highly doubt they will take 2 tenths off the 1/8th. Not saying you won't get there with it, just saying the DP's are not worth 2 tenths in the 1/8th. I know there are 3bar 93 tune only cars out there that have broke into the 7's.

You can do meth for $400 and get much more out of the car than DP's at twice the price. The 50 shot will do it as well, but its not an always available kind of thing like meth. I would love to have a 50 on top of my meth. Its all about what you want, but HP/$ you are looking at Meth, then 50shot, then DP's.
Did you post that log?
Nope!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost, AJP Tuned

ZSHO

Scott Half the price!!!!!..did you ever put into account the labor costs between the two,big difference eh.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Scott4957

Quote from: ZSHO on July 01, 2016, 06:13:35 PM

Scott Half the price!!!!!..did you ever put into account the labor costs between the two,big difference eh.  Z
I do everything myself and to be honest I'm not sure I could have done the DP'S much faster. If you have to pay someone to install the meth kit you are going to be broke.

bpd1151

Quote from: Scott4957 on July 01, 2016, 06:15:46 PM If you have to pay someone to install the meth kit you are going to be broke.

Thus why I was the 1st to author a highly detailed "How-To" tutorial, to assist our community members with the DIY process.

Scott4957

Quote from: bpd1151 on July 01, 2016, 06:30:02 PM
Quote from: Scott4957 on July 01, 2016, 06:15:46 PM If you have to pay someone to install the meth kit you are going to be broke.

Thus why I was the 1st to author a highly detailed "How-To" tutorial, to assist our community members with the DIY process.
After doing it once I could do a full install in 3 hours tops minus any dry time for glue/sealents. My how-to will be made available at some point.

SHOdded

Quote from: Scott4957 on July 01, 2016, 06:33:19 PM
After doing it once I could do a full install in 3 hours tops minus any dry time for glue/sealents. My how-to will be made available at some point.
Along with the datalog FoMoCo referred to above, please, if still available!  TIA.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO

Scott, how much timing are you running?

Scott4957

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on July 01, 2016, 07:09:10 PM
Scott, how much timing are you running?
Ummmm, without checking mid teens right now, not finished yet though.

Sabtaj1

I have a flex and just looked at my slip from last year and my 1/8th was 8.06 and that was a 12.60 pass.  Flex's are tanks.  Haven't been back out this year since hot pipes and some tweaks
13 Eco flex.

Stainless works non cat DP/ MRT axle back/ Airaid cai/ 170 T-stat/ 3 bar map/ 1 step colder plugs/ snow stage 3/ hot pipes w/TIAL BOV/ torrie tuned-SCT/

Scott4957

Quote from: SHOdded on July 01, 2016, 07:05:12 PM
Quote from: Scott4957 on July 01, 2016, 06:33:19 PM
Along with the datalog FoMoCo referred to above, please, if still available!  TIA.

Log 1 is with the failed pump. You will see a huge drop in fuel pressure, high knock count pulling all the timing and the throttle closing towards the top of the run. AFR's stay safe though, looks ugly but everything was okay. Log 2 is on the same tune after I fixed the pump.

EcoPowerParts

If it's just about changing 1/8 mile there's nothing easier on the car to do than a nitrous kit. Slap some 100 octane in the tank for safety and put some nitrous on the car. You can pick up a kit for around $500 new, used ones like $200. Simple wet kit with nitrous/fuel solenoid. Tap the fuel at the plastic line to metal line in the passenger rear side of the engine bay.
I don't remember if the fuel line is 3/8 or 5/16 but here's what you need to tap fuel:
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/aei-15120/overview/
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/aei-15121/overview/

I'd also highly suggest a small nitrous controller, this one has everything Throttle position, window switch and progressive:
http://www.jegs.com/p/NOS/NOS-Mini-2-Stage-Progressive-Nitrous-Controller/760609/10002/-1

You'll pick up an easy .2 to .5 in the 1/8, these cars LOVE nitrous.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

ZSHO

Quote from: bpd1151 on July 01, 2016, 06:30:02 PM

Big thanks to bpd who has truly pioneered the Ecoboost platform with his excellent DIY and writeups to help the ecoboost community. Z    :thankyou:

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|