• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

To EBC/PowerStop or not... THAT is the question!

Started by 14SHOCAR, June 26, 2016, 05:18:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sholxgt

I am going with either Raybestos or Bendix Police spec pads.  Had police spec pads on my CVPI and they were very durable.  I have had Carbotech, Hawk, and EBC pads on others, but none were more durable.  Some had more bight and were better for track use, but I want quiet and durable this time.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

markssho

A few months ago I put on Centric premium rotors and Centric Posi-Quiet Extended wear pads.
The pads are noisy when cold. This setup is very dusty on the front, I think the pads dust when sitting still, ha. The dust is more like iron than black brake dust.
The OEM pads were not nearly as dusty.
Otherwise, seems OK to me...

Sent from my XT1094 using Tapatalk

2010 Taurus SHO, Cinnamon, 402B, ACC

ZSHO

I have for quite sometime now espouse the Motorcraft or my personal favorite the Raybestos brake pads which are overall great quality pads without having to break the bank but unfortunately have had no time as of late to try them but here is a pretty cool article which will give you some insight and an in depth view on the different compounds of friction pad material and even track use for your reading pleasure.  Z     http://www.hendonpub.com/resources/article_archive/results/details?id=1846

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|