• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

LMS Stage 4+ questions

Started by SoCalSHO, July 17, 2013, 12:32:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigPelo

Quote from: crash712us on July 18, 2013, 03:47:28 PM
Quote from: Milhouse86 on July 18, 2013, 11:42:29 AM
So when I go out of town and like to disconnect the battery is all that matters!

Thanks for the help!

Last question. The LMS mycal tuner, is it the one with the touch screen or is that an added feature?
MyCal tuner with touch screen is for 2010-2012 models. They also have a MyCal tuner for 2013+ but is has no touch screen.

This is the MyCal tuner for my 2013 SHO:

Week-end family transporter: 2013 SHO tuxedo black, performance package, unleashed custom 94 octane tune, K&N Typhoon intake, 170F thermostat, 3 bar MAP sensor, SP534 spark plugs, 5000K HID Morimoto mini D2S projectors retrofit, tinted windows, Full LED lighting in and out, Eibach springs
Daily beater: 2002 WRX wagon swap JDM STi v7 20G'd

Milhouse86

Haha it looks like a down grade. The other one looks really nice. It will clock 0-60 and a ton more.

SoCalSHO

I should know this, but....Can I just switch from one program to another without going back to stock?
Robert
2010 Met White
GH tuned, 3 Bar, upgraded turbos, 91 Oct
K&N drop-in or airaid, Corsa Cat-back
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

Larrylu

Quote from: SoCalSHO on July 19, 2013, 12:32:52 AM
I should know this, but....Can I just switch from one program to another without going back to stock?

I can with the MYCAL (touch screen) so probably everybody can I would guess.
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

Brucelinc

Quote from: SoCalSHO on July 19, 2013, 12:32:52 AM

Yes...no need to go back to stock when switching from one tune to another.  By the way, if you have been running stage 3 and you are going to stage 4, I think you will like the transmission behavior MUCH better with stage 4.  You will see the full effect after you drive it awhile and it "learns" the new parameters. 

SoCalSHO

I am currently running an older stage 3 with no torque management. The newer version of stage 3 has torque management.
Robert
2010 Met White
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

Larrylu

Quote from: SoCalSHO on July 19, 2013, 10:29:53 AM
I am currently running an older stage 3 with no torque management. The newer version of stage 3 has torque management.
LMS used to call what they used in 2 and in 4+ reduced Torque Management and in 3 ...no Torque Management so maybe that's what they are now using in 3. If so it still shifts firmer than stock.
So that would make 2 and 3 now identical. I wonder if they will just drop 2.  I guess that there must be some substantial differences between the new 3 and the 91 octane version of 4 (the old 4+).

We need some reference material/documentation to consult to avoid confusion.
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

SoCalSHO

:rant: :rant:One of the bad things about living in a state with low (not 93) octane, is not ever hearing about tunes for 91 octane, such as the stage 4. I would have been running it since its inception had I known. So I contacted LMS to send me updated files for my x3, and order the mycal tuner. I got the new tunes for my x3, was looking forward to trying them Out before the mycal arrived. But my car has a weird setting on the tune, at least the original tune did, where once it is tuned, I put it in drive, it stalls. Happened again with the new tune for my x3. :( :( :( figures.  :rant: tried reloading it a few times, and now just waiting. But I will probably have the new tuner by then, and then do the trial and error thing again.
Robert
2010 Met White
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

SoCalSHO

OK, my new new tunes came in late last night. Dan made the fix, and Stage 4 loaded. drove around the block, everything seems good. Now I have to go do some freeway therapy.
Robert
2010 Met White
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

DJE624

Larrylu

Quote from: SoCalSHO on July 20, 2013, 03:08:48 PM
OK, my new new tunes came in late last night. Dan made the fix, and Stage 4 loaded. drove around the block, everything seems good. Now I have to go do some freeway therapy.

Enjoy!!

SoCalSHO

Hmmm, not much different than my Stage 3. Honestly, can't tell the difference yet. Will just have to wait for the Mycal to come in.
Robert
2010 Met White
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

TSS

Like Bruce had siad above too, Imine takes 50-100 miles to really "set" in. 
2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.

Larrylu

I noticed much more difference going back to 3 (temporarily for octane reasons) after running with 4 for a long time. I think the loss in power and the change in personality was more evident than the gain when I first loaded it up.

Brucelinc

What was done to make a stage 4 that could be run on 91 octane - and how much more aggressive can it be than stage 3 without risk of detonation?  There may be a lot less difference between stages 3 and 4 on 91 octane than there is on the 93 (or higher) octane versions.