• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

MIL Flashing, P0087, P0301, rough idle, hesitation, fuel smell.

Started by Deebeaux, June 20, 2016, 10:36:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deebeaux

It's a 2014 with just shy of 33k, but it's out of warranty because it's a salvage/reconstruct/branded title. (At least that's what two dealer's have told me.) It had fresh water ingress that didn't do anything other than get the carpet wet. No water got into in the engine or other fluids, but all have been changed anyway. I have some suspicions it was even a flood car and someone may have just hosed it out to get out from under the note. It's an insurance auction car I got a steal on. I've had 7,000 miles of flawless service, right up until this injector fiasco.

The closest dealer I trust is 1.5 hours one way drive. The local dealer to me is absolutely terrible.

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on July 06, 2016, 10:25:21 PM
Dumb question, is your car out of warranty?
2020 Tesla Model S Performance FSD
[SOLD!] 2014 Tuxedo nonPP | 401A, driver assist, nav, multi-contoured seat | AEM drop-in, Unleashed 3bar 93 tune

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Deebeaux

I already did the adaptation reset and it cleared things out. I'll try the KAM reset as well. Then I'll go through the idle learning and electronic throttle body learning (nearly the same procedure) and then do a shift point learning drive.

Just waiting to find out how I can get that O2S2Eq PID working. I'll try to do some digging if we're slow at the office this morning. It seems a few are accessing it in OBDLINK, but I can't find a valid Torque PID for it. I've got O2S1Eq working using the "alternate" PID that's already in Torque.

Quote from: SHOdded on July 06, 2016, 11:30:19 PM
Try the KAM reset as shown in this video instead of resetting adaptations:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZAsoqmqhdM
[SOLD!] 2014 Tuxedo nonPP | 401A, driver assist, nav, multi-contoured seat | AEM drop-in, Unleashed 3bar 93 tune

SHOdded

What V range or lambda range are you seeing with the O2S1Eq (I assume that's the lambda value)?  I know the guys behind Torque Pro have been messing around with the PIDs, not sure they are accurate/valid any more.  Best thing might be to ask on their forum.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Deebeaux

Well, I didn't fire the car up as I was trying to get a good log/video of the initial startup after the reset of everything.

O2S1Eq is lambda, and shows 0.0 with the car off. The PID for O2S2Eq shows "no data" and it doesn't come up green like it's a valid PID. I think FoMoCoSHO has the PIDs working in OBDLINK and he may pass those on. I'll go check out the Torque forums and see what I can come up with.

Quote from: SHOdded on July 07, 2016, 09:52:29 AM
What V range or lambda range are you seeing with the O2S1Eq (I assume that's the lambda value)?  I know the guys behind Torque Pro have been messing around with the PIDs, not sure they are accurate/valid any more.  Best thing might be to ask on their forum.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: Deebeaux on July 07, 2016, 10:00:36 AM
Well, I didn't fire the car up as I was trying to get a good log/video of the initial startup after the reset of everything.

O2S1Eq is lambda, and shows 0.0 with the car off. The PID for O2S2Eq shows "no data" and it doesn't come up green like it's a valid PID. I think FoMoCoSHO has the PIDs working in OBDLINK and he may pass those on. I'll go check out the Torque forums and see what I can come up with.

Quote from: SHOdded on July 07, 2016, 09:52:29 AM
The lambda pid is a standard obd2 pid and should work in Torque the same as obdlink, the problem on either program is there is no way to see the the formulas used for the built ins.

I will see if I can build it using standard obd2 formulas.

I do know that IAT2 was jacked up and when I fixed the formula, it works fine now.

Deebeaux

Sounds good. The Torque forums are a disaster! I've tried to do some digging but work has kept me pretty occupied today. Taking a little break now because I'm waiting for 500GB of data to copy.

The "alternate" PID listed in Torque under the standard PIDs is working for me for O2S1Eq, but none of the other O2 Sensors in Torque Equivalence/Lambda have "alternate" PIDs. I tried digging around in Forscan last night but got too tired to be able to decipher it.

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on July 07, 2016, 02:36:57 PM
The lambda pid is a standard obd2 pid and should work in Torque the same as obdlink, the problem on either program is there is no way to see the the formulas used for the built ins.

I do know that IAT2 was jacked up and when I fixed the formula, it works fine now.

Gjkrisa

Does forscan let you see all pids? Or is it like torque that it only sees what it knows I read a comment on forscan that be nice to add pid
Is forscan worth the money after buying torque pro?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: Deebeaux on July 07, 2016, 02:58:42 PM
Sounds good. The Torque forums are a disaster! I've tried to do some digging but work has kept me pretty occupied today. Taking a little break now because I'm waiting for 500GB of data to copy.

The "alternate" PID listed in Torque under the standard PIDs is working for me for O2S1Eq, but none of the other O2 Sensors in Torque Equivalence/Lambda have "alternate" PIDs. I tried digging around in Forscan last night but got too tired to be able to decipher it.

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on July 07, 2016, 02:36:57 PM

Yeah, you need both banks to display and there are 2 different sets of O2 pids in the OBD standards list so I have  some work to do to figure it out. I'm gonna ask the guys over at scantool,net which formula they use because both banks work.

Deebeaux

Forscan Lite (I'm using it on Android right now) and on a Windows PC will give you a massive list of PIDs, but it doesn't give you the individual addresses that I could tell. You'd have to use some sort of serial sniffer to watch the data stream to nab the actual address. Just not something I've got time for on a work night typically.

Quote from: Gjkrisa on July 07, 2016, 03:13:57 PM
Does forscan let you see all pids? Or is it like torque that it only sees what it knows I read a comment on forscan that be nice to add pid

Deebeaux

Sweet. Once we figure this out, hopefully we can get it added to the Torque PID CSV. I need to check and see if IAT2 works for me or not as well.

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on July 07, 2016, 03:15:34 PM
Yeah, you need both banks to display and there are 2 different sets of O2 pids in the OBD standards list so I have  some work to do to figure it out. I'm gonna ask the guys over at scantool,net which formula they use because both banks work.

Gjkrisa

Gjkrisa

Here is a link I found interesting for everyone going to also create a new post when I get more time just got to work
https://theksmith.com/software/hack-vehicle-bus-cheap-easy-part-1/

Deebeaux

I loaded up some PIDs in FORScan that appeared to be representative of what we were looking for and data logged them. Here are the results..

First start after adaptation and KAM reset, about 20 minutes of idling. STFTs take about 7.5 minutes to stabilize. Graphed with coolant temp.

I then took a datalog on a 10 minute or so drive. Finding a decent way to map this in a graph seems challenging, but here are my attempts...

STFT Over Time
LTFT Over Time
STFT & LTFT Over Time

I think the below graph is telling me the Bank 1 Catalyst might be toast. When I gave it a bit of throttle on this drive it smoked white/grey, just as it did when it idled, but I suspect this is left over junk in the cat from the stuck injector. Toward the end of the drive I was able to give it decent amounts of throttle without smoke. Although Bank 1 was the one that had the toasted injector, so that might be expected.
Rear O2 Voltage over time with ETC Actual (throttle plate angle)

If you're not familiar, you can manipulate the graphs on the Datazap website. Clicking an item in the legend toward the bottom will add it to the graph, clicking the graph line will break out a separate axis scale. Some of the PIDs I logged weren't what I thought they were. Mainly the front O2s. Nor am I getting desired rail pressure in the log. I am getting actual rail pressure, and I did get it to 2088psi and a huge fountain and fire didn't appear under my hood, so I've got that going for me.

Let me know what y'all think. She drives nice, has power, doesn't stumble, just that occasional smoke I got, but that went away toward the end of my test drive. I'm going to play around with FORScan a bit more and see if I can get a good comparative log that includes data from the front O2s. My OBDLink MX will be here Wednesday, so I can get a bit better (faster) resolution of data out of the car.

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on July 07, 2016, 03:15:34 PM

SHOdded

For some reason all the links are going to their FAQ section :(  Maybe the links are not public?