• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2017 Interceptor Utility

Started by FoMoCoSHO, June 07, 2016, 11:51:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoMoCoSHO

http://mashable.com/2015/02/12/ford-police-interceptor-chicago/#tNsdboST4SqG

I'd love to find one of these used in a couple years, especially if it has ballistic panels.

"There is also the option for a "Surveillance Mode" system that provides warnings to officers when someone is approaching the car. If someone is detected, then the driver's side window will close and the doors will automatically lock".

That's a sweet option,  I've also read these are all rated to withstand 75MPH rear crashes while at a standstill.

Add a pushbar and these will make great wife/daughter/teotwawki vehicles.

John Miller

The biggest question in my mind will be whether most of the features being touted will be too cost prohibitive for most departments.  I suspect most of these features are too expensive, and Ford doesn't really believe there is much market.

SUVs are the wave of the future for PDs, IMO.  Most have very restrictive pursuit policies anyway, and even more restrictive "hot response" policies because of liability -- so the emphasis on speed and handling has diminished some. 

So I suspect they will be moving to an SUV where you have the utilities of more storage, more passenger room, and better all-weather potential - especially with them getting better MPG.
2015 Taurus SHO, Non-PP, 93 Octane Livernois V10 "Soft Shift" Tune with 170 Reische Thermostat and 3-bar MAP sensor