• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

No Meth required 403WHP/527WTQ

Started by AJP turbo, June 07, 2016, 01:01:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJP turbo

Quote from: JDW1 on June 09, 2016, 11:55:26 AM
Quote from: AJP turbo on June 08, 2016, 05:33:49 PM
J will there really is no secret sauce...get boost up and add as much spark as your fuel and individual car will tolerate and the power is there

The method of adding boost seems indirect but its the system that ford and most drive by wire cars employ today...everything starts at the pedal...the driver demands more torque from the pedal then the car takes over and gives you what you think you want

You can set timing or spark to whatever you want...basically with forced induction tuning , you set spark just shy of whatever the fuel can tolerate

We have full control of fuel with sct

Its really not fair or accurate to say the 3.5 ecoboost runs out of fuel quickly....but the limitation is a hardware issue not a tuning issue

The fuel system we have is actually pretty strong and impressive..we are increasing hp/tq way over stock ...its unfair to say the fuel sytem is taxed because we cant add 200hp and 300ft lbs without needing an upgrade....what fuel system wouldnt?

The way i increased output on this tune is exactly how ford would...it can be done that way with sct but i dont know how other tuners are utilizing the software...there are ways to force a result that is less than ideal

Thats why its also retarded when people say that you can get a same result by either doing more spark and less boost or more boost and less spark.....you tune max spark at all boost for a properly tuned car

I don't see how you run that much boost and don't see FP drop to unsafe levels.  I've had to dial back way before that level.  It's very impressive.

Did you see the log I attached? There are a couple things I think I found out that allows the high pressure pump to operate more wide open...There may have been a couple things limiting it's output but they were minor

One thing thing though that I do is try to make boost smooth and avoid spikes...When you get large boost spikes it quickly will deplete the fuel pressure that is in the rail due to increased fuel demand and the injector pulsewidth increases in an attempt to dump large amounts of fuel...Once the rail is depleted it becomes hard for it to recover when you are at high boost for a sustained amount of time
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

metroplex

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on June 07, 2016, 01:51:37 AM
At 20% drive line loss which is conservative you're looking at minimal...

480CHP/633 CTQ

On pump gas!

I've found that most of the modern FWD/RWD/AWD systems have about 14%-15% drivetrain loss (manual or automatics), not the 20%-25% that everyone uses as a rule of thumb.

That said, that's still a lot of power. The Hennessey 445 or 435 only had about 340 whp / 340 wtq from one of the articles I read.
Previously: 2014 SHO
12.4 @ 110.9 mph

Current: 2017 Fusion Sport

bpd1151

Quote from: metroplex on June 09, 2016, 03:13:36 PMI've found that most of the modern FWD/RWD/AWD systems have about 14%-15% drivetrain loss (manual or automatics).

Not the 20%-25% that everyone uses as a rule of thumb.

The average stock dyno numbers for 2010-2012 models ranged between 277-283 wheel hp.

I believe the same has held true for the 2013+'s as Ford has advertised 365 crank hp, consistently across all models years.

That equates to an average drive train loss of 22-23%.

Doesn't really matter what you've found as it relates to other platforms.

The Ecoboost platform has shown time & time again, to not embrace the "norms".

The drivetrain loss is as I stated, & why it is used as a rule of thumb for the EB SHO.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

metroplex

Nice.

So what kind of air mass flow numbers (#/min) are you seeing at this power level?
12.4 @ 110.9 mph

AJP turbo

Quote from: metroplex on June 09, 2016, 05:49:22 PM
Nice.

So what kind of air mass flow numbers (#/min) are you seeing at this power level?

I have not been aboe to log DMR items with live link yet...im guessing it has to be in the 40-50 range in pounds per minute

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

ZSHO

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on June 07, 2016, 01:46:27 AM
Boom!

Great job!
X 2. Damn Nice.  Z  :thumb:

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

AJP turbo

Scott I did a 0-100 mph pull and log for you...Tell me what you think and how it compares to your pulls. It's under the dyno and log of the big pull...Can't remember the post

I would say note the fuel pressure and even boost throughout the gears....You already saw even boost for the 3rd gear pull from 2500rpm to redline....Not much boost taper at redline..

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

metroplex

AJ: Are those boost spikes (TIP readings) really in the 20-27 psi range during your shifts?
12.4 @ 110.9 mph

EcoPowerParts

Looking forward to seeing 1/4 mile times, great job on the self tuning.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

AJP turbo

Quote from: metroplex on June 10, 2016, 04:24:47 AM
AJ: Are those boost spikes (TIP readings) really in the 20-27 psi range during your shifts?

Thank you mike

And metro, yes tip sensor reading will typically be high when the throttle is not fully open...if you want to avoid prolonged boost spikes upon upshifts you are well served to have the throttle regulate boost pressure measured by the map sensor....you have the x boost in the map then when the throttle closes the tip pressure will rise because the airflow is hitting a wall

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

Scott4957

Quote from: AJP turbo on June 10, 2016, 12:25:45 AM
Scott I did a 0-100 mph pull and log for you...Tell me what you think and how it compares to your pulls. It's under the dyno and log of the big pull...Can't remember the post

I would say note the fuel pressure and even boost throughout the gears....You already saw even boost for the 3rd gear pull from 2500rpm to redline....Not much boost taper at redline..

Absolute monster by any measure let alone being a 93 only tune!
2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost, AJP Tuned

SHOnUup

AJ, have a few people saying congrats on the numbers...and asking questions.

If you don't mind, to calm their minds of the unknown.

What are you using to tune with, and do you have any mods at all?

Thx

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

AJP turbo

Quote from: SHOnUup on June 10, 2016, 07:03:45 PM
AJ, have a few people saying congrats on the numbers...and asking questions.

If you don't mind, to calm their minds of the unknown.

What are you using to tune with, and do you have any mods at all?

Thx

I use SCT software flashed with an x4

Air raid cai and stainless works catless down pipes, stock plugs, stock tstat and all amsoil fluids...not that they matter...and obviously a 3 bar map sensor

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

SHOnUup

Thank you...and those fluids count in my book!

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

AJP turbo

Quote from: SHOnUup on June 10, 2016, 07:47:38 PM
Thank you...and those fluids count in my book!

Hell yeah

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress