• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

No Meth required 403WHP/527WTQ

Started by AJP turbo, June 07, 2016, 01:01:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

djxfactor

Quote from: AJP turbo on February 01, 2017, 12:52:29 PM
Quote from: Dxlnt1 on February 01, 2017, 12:45:25 PM
Quote from: AJP turbo on July 07, 2016, 12:31:57 PM
Quote from: ElvenSho on July 07, 2016, 12:21:56 PM
You starting to sell tunes AJ?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Yes, limited basis for now. Selective clientele for now based on my time restraints and schedule.

I want in as well when you ready. But I don't have the SCT tuner. Nor do I have access to 93 octane. I run the LMS 4+X tune, ACES IV additive, 3 bar, stock intake.

Would your tune work on this setup?

Yes, but it would not be exactly the same tune....every single tune I've done is unique to the vehicle....there are only a small number of changes that would be similar from vehicle to vehicle...boost, spark, fueling is custom in respect to how the vehicle and local fuel responds and only prefer to tune for people interested in datalogging.....for me, i want/need to see how the vehicle is running with the tune.

I've been following your posts from the very first day I joined these forums.  You really do stand out as someone who has monster talent in tuning this platform, and furthermore, you're committed to whomever you may be tuning in the mere fact that you REQUIRE logging.  Massive kudos to that, and this thread attributes to the work you put in, and, are willing to put in for others.

I have a bad taste in my mouth from my current custom tune because I felt like I was a burden for requesting him even just to LOOK at my datalogs.  He never once really engaged me, informed me, or made me feel like I was getting much more than a "Custom canned tune" which really sucks considering that I've heard other customers have really engaged with him.  I refuse to call out names, because I don't think it accomplishes anything but bad-mouthing.  AJP I'd like to work with you in the very near future if your schedule permits it, and will be reaching out via PM soon.
2014 Ford Flex Limited AWD EcoBoost - Full Amsoil Synthetic Fluids swap in engine and driveline, SCT X4 Tuner w/ multiple tunes for 93 + Meth, Dash-mount Tablet running Torque Pro Gauges w/ BT Wireless OBD Adapter, 170 T-stat, 3-Bar MAP sensor, Denso 1step Colder Spark Plugs, OBX Catless Downpipes, Magnaflow Downpipe-back 2.5" exhaust system, Magnaflow 2.5" X-Pipe, MDesign Carbon Direct Cold Air Intake (Latest Gen), UPR 3-way Catch Can System, Devil's Own Stage-2 3-Bar Methanol Injection System with custom Tank/Pump mount, EcoPowerParts Black powder-coated Charge Pipe kit, TIAL Q Race BOV in Ruby Red color-match, Power Stop Z23 Brake upgrade on all 4 corners with Drilled/Slotted Zinc Rotors and Carbon Fiber-infused Ceramic Pads with color-matched Ruby Red calipers, Moog upgraded Sway Bar Endlinks, lowered on Megan Racing EZ Street coilovers, SPC Rear Camber kit, Verde Axis V99 Bronze 20x9 wheels wrapped in 275/40 Nexens, Custom forged 4 1/2" spiked one-piece steel lugs, Kicker CompRT 12" Sub in custom spare tire-well box, Polk Audio Carbon C500.1 mono sub amp, All-Fit Front Lip Spoiler, 3D Carbon Rear Wing, Ruby Red vinyl wrapped interior trim, LED-lit "FLEX" Door Sills, Full LED Interior bulb swap, Red LED Accent lighting throughout, SpiderMax 3D Kagu black laser fit floor mats for all 3 rows, LED Puddle Light swap, Tinted LED Tails, Windows Tinted all around.

derfdog15

STOP STEALING HIS TIME AWAY FROM ME GUYS....

No but seriously, AJP rocks, and even with his increased workload he gets tunes out quickly, and always gives extremely detailed feedback. I may be an "AJP Nut Hugger" at this point, but who cars, my car made 450 torque, 370 horse TO THE WHEELS, on a humid day, with more potential based on having it turned down a bit for the cold weather.

Also, I highly recommend talking to AJP about your specific goals as he has been an immense help in the direction I take with mods/order I do mods.

Thanks again, AJP, you rock dude.
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

TopherSho

Tomorrow is *my* big day,  heading to ZOOM MOTORSPORTS in Roseburg Oregon for 3 pulls on a Linked MUSTANG Dyno.    I am both excited and nervous :P with it being a mustang dyno.

They advised they will give me two sets of numbers,  the original ''Mustang makes you cry numbers'' and the simulated DynoJect numbers. 

I will post up what I Get :)
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

lamrith

Quote from: TopherSho on April 10, 2017, 02:59:03 PM
Tomorrow is *my* big day,  heading to ZOOM MOTORSPORTS in Roseburg Oregon for 3 pulls on a Linked MUSTANG Dyno.    I am both excited and nervous :P with it being a mustang dyno.

They advised they will give me two sets of numbers,  the original ''Mustang makes you cry numbers'' and the simulated DynoJect numbers. 

I will post up what I Get :)
Keep us updated!  Brad and I are dialing in mine as our #%&*@^! weather permits.  My DP land today, once installed we can finish dialing in and then I plan to run on a dyno just to see where we are.  I am eager to find out as currently the car cannot even put the power it has down to ground in 1st and part of 2nd gear, just smokes them off and has TC blinking the entire time if I try to go WOT from a stop. >:D
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

TopherSho

You bet!

Are you running E-blends for your power?  I'm using 92-pump currently to keep the parts mostly OEM and keep the aftermarket warranty .. 
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi

lamrith

Quote from: TopherSho on April 10, 2017, 03:22:35 PM
You bet!

Are you running E-blends for your power?  I'm using 92-pump currently to keep the parts mostly OEM and keep the aftermarket warranty ..
No Eblend, E85 is just not available anywhere close to mix with.  And same 92octain max up here in Tacoma.
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

TopherSho

Quote from: lamrith on April 10, 2017, 03:29:01 PM
Quote from: TopherSho on April 10, 2017, 03:22:35 PM
You bet!

No Eblend, E85 is just not available anywhere close to mix with.  And same 92octain max up here in Tacoma.

Cool, we can compare notes then!  I wont do the DP or CAT deletes as i have a warranty to maintain for a few years,  but it would be super interesting to see the difference the DP's make.

Yeah you and me share the same $%^&ing rain brotha' .. hard to do datalogging in downpours and sudden gusts of crosswinds :P

TopherSho

Quote from: lamrith on April 10, 2017, 03:13:51 PM

I am eager to find out as currently the car cannot even put the power it has down to ground in 1st and part of 2nd gear, just smokes them off and has TC blinking the entire time if I try to go WOT from a stop.

Hey, quick question .. How aggressive is your TQ management and how low are you trying to get to max-TQ?   I am curious as I do not see the same tire spin behavior .. but I am not in a PP and wonder if that's the difference.

lamrith

Quote from: TopherSho on April 10, 2017, 04:01:15 PM
Quote from: lamrith on April 10, 2017, 03:13:51 PM

I am eager to find out as currently the car cannot even put the power it has down to ground in 1st and part of 2nd gear, just smokes them off and has TC blinking the entire time if I try to go WOT from a stop.

Hey, quick question .. How aggressive is your TQ management and how low are you trying to get to max-TQ?   I am curious as I do not see the same tire spin behavior .. but I am not in a PP and wonder if that's the difference.
I am going with PPE Catted DP, just to stay legal up here in CA North :-/  In fact they just arrived 10min ago!

The colder temps in morning have also been a struggle, engine loves it, but tires not so much!  Eager to get into some of our nice PNW spring days to do some real work on the tune.

I have to admit I am not certain on the TQ numbers/strategy.  I am not tuning it myself, I am AJP tuned (because of this thread), and I know he tends to bring power on right off idle and keep it high throughout the rpm range, sort of his trademark I think.  Makes for great pull right off the line if the tires can handle it.

TopherSho

Those Are hot! :). Are they cali-legal?

lamrith

Quote from: TopherSho on April 10, 2017, 09:24:13 PM
Those Are hot! :). Are they cali-legal?
Probably not, they are catted though which is what I need up here in WA (what I meant by CA-north, as WA adopted some laws similar to CA recently)

StealBlueSho

So far the tunes are putting out 390~ HP and ~440ftlbs torque with quite a good looking curve... gobs of power..

I know he does leaves a small amount of torque management in place same as LMS. But it only kicks in when it shifts to save the transmission from being beat to sh*t....

I have traction issues when it rains or when it's cold but otherwise, pulls 4.1 second 0-60s all day on the street.
At the track should be better if it's been treated.

Can't go wrong with his tunes... I currently run an E20 tune from him that is pure evil....

lamrith

Quote from: StealBlueSho on April 10, 2017, 09:38:40 PM
So far the tunes are putting out 390~ HP and ~440ftlbs torque with quite a good looking curve... gobs of power..

I know he does leaves a small amount of torque management in place same as LMS. But it only kicks in when it shifts to save the transmission from being beat to sh*t....

I have traction issues when it rains or when it's cold but otherwise, pulls 4.1 second 0-60s all day on the street.

Can't go wrong with his tunes... I currently run an E20 tune from him that is pure evil....
I am running 92octain and can't keep tires under the car in 1st gear, and TC flashes thru much of 2nd.  I know she is way up on power, but I think much is tires too.  They are only 3yrs old, maybe 20k miles on them and lots of tread, but they just do not grip well.  I need to do a few pulls with all the turned off just to see what fun can be had...

StealBlueSho

Quote from: lamrith on April 10, 2017, 10:21:22 PM

I am running 92octain and can't keep tires under the car in 1st gear, and TC flashes thru much of 2nd.  I know she is way up on power, but I think much is tires too.  They are only 3yrs old, maybe 20k miles on them and lots of tread, but they just do not grip well.  I need to do a few pulls with all the turned off just to see what fun can be had...

Tires make a lot difference.. sport comp 2 summer performance tires... grips like a baby to a nipple....

TopherSho

Well I am off. Wish me luck.  I'm on a 92-pump tune with 19+ spark ... I hope to hit 380+WTQ and 330+WHP on the evil Mustang-Dyno dyno ... well have to see in a few hours /nervous/.