• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

PPE downpipes hit trans mount.

Started by nickwalter4, June 02, 2016, 03:08:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickwalter4

its been awhile sine ive been on here but here goes..recently got my PPE downpipes catted/coated from mike. although they don't look very coated i'm not sure  how to tell, so I hope im not just out the extra couple hundred.. but that's another subject :(

.. anyway had some free time to get them put in one sunday and so far i love them. i can hear the turbos spool up when i get on it. however they've been on for a few weeks now. and every so often we'll hear a harsh vibration usually idling, foot on brake after shifting to reverse.. i decided to check it out today and noticed that the LH downpipe (i think it's from the front bank) but it's setting ON the transmission mount.... did i get the wrong pipes? is this normal?.. like.. i have so many questions. I understand that both pieces are supposed to flex a bit due to engine vibrations but it seems like that's something that would be caught in R+D on PPE's part. just seems like something about these pipes isn't quite kosher...

wiring/diag @ ROUSH Ford prototype development. Fueled by, coffee, woodford reserve and the always delicious taco bell.

SOLD. '16 fire bronze Xsport: UPR catch can, AirAid, Hella sharptones, Husky floor liners, weathertech visors, PPE catted+coated DPS. 3bar, 170* TSTAT, SCT X4 by Unleashed 93 octane. Mobil 1.

hawkeye93

I had my (uncoated) PPE downpipes installed by a local exhaust shop, and the tech said that he had to move a rubber mount out of the way to prevent contact.  When I changed my oil a couple of weeks ago, I saw what he was talking about, and it didn't appear to be a problem.  I just got my catback system today, so I'll check it again when I install it.  I'm very happy with my PPE downpipes.  Can't wait to try them with the catback.
2015 Ford Taurus SHO PP 12.219@112.84
PPE catless DP, Gearhead IC, SP-534, Reische 170, 3 bar, hybrid meth system, tunes from Unleashed, Livernois, Brew City Boost & AJP

1965 Ford Mustang Convertible 289 4V/T5Z/3.55
1955 Ford Fairlane Club Sedan 272 4V/Fordomatic

nickwalter4

I had no issues installing myself as I have the tools and had the time but the clearance worries me.
wiring/diag @ ROUSH Ford prototype development. Fueled by, coffee, woodford reserve and the always delicious taco bell.

SOLD. '16 fire bronze Xsport: UPR catch can, AirAid, Hella sharptones, Husky floor liners, weathertech visors, PPE catted+coated DPS. 3bar, 170* TSTAT, SCT X4 by Unleashed 93 octane. Mobil 1.

hawkeye93

I have the tools as well, just not the time...
2015 Ford Taurus SHO PP 12.219@112.84
PPE catless DP, Gearhead IC, SP-534, Reische 170, 3 bar, hybrid meth system, tunes from Unleashed, Livernois, Brew City Boost & AJP

1965 Ford Mustang Convertible 289 4V/T5Z/3.55
1955 Ford Fairlane Club Sedan 272 4V/Fordomatic

SHOdded

Let Mike (EcoPowerParts) know of the alignment issues & your questions about the coating, Nick.  He will figure it out with PPE.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

nickwalter4

Can I tag him on here or something? @ecopowerparts .. I have all the pics here already lol

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

EcoPowerParts

Shooting you an email, please in the future if you have any concerns with anything that is sold from me please just email me info@ecopowerparts.com using your order email you received so that I can easily and quickly reference what is going on with your order, parts etc.
Thanks!
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

ZSHO

The personification of having your very own vendor/owner all in one roof,truly outstanding IMHO.  Z  :thumb: :thumb:

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Sabtaj1

mine are super close on my flex.  Like crazy close but no problems.  And those don't look coated fyi.  when installing its best not to tighten everything up completely until after all bolts are hand tight at turbos and where the conection is made to the rest of the exhaust.  That could make the difference depending how you did yours.  Either way you bought from a great vender and he will take care of ya.
13 Eco flex.

Stainless works non cat DP/ MRT axle back/ Airaid cai/ 170 T-stat/ 3 bar map/ 1 step colder plugs/ snow stage 3/ hot pipes w/TIAL BOV/ torrie tuned-SCT/

EcoPowerParts

The downpipes were shipped a few weeks after the order, I didn't review the order and they got shipped without coating. Paul and I have worked out the logistics of handling that for future orders.
All pipes are SUPER close to that mount but usually don't touch, as with all vehicles there are small differences in each one as with the handmade pipes.
The solution is a new set of pipes are being made then coated and shipped out and once Nick receives them he'll R&R the pipes and ship back the old ones.

Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

Sabtaj1

Now that's customer service at its finest. 
13 Eco flex.

Stainless works non cat DP/ MRT axle back/ Airaid cai/ 170 T-stat/ 3 bar map/ 1 step colder plugs/ snow stage 3/ hot pipes w/TIAL BOV/ torrie tuned-SCT/