• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2016 SHO Convention - CANCELLED - ALTERNATIVE MEET AVAILABLE

Started by Mac98SHO, May 31, 2016, 01:11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mac98SHO

We will be in Bowling Green Kentucky this year.

Road Course at NCM Motorsports Park

Drag Racing at Beach Bend Drag way, being dubbed The Battle at Beach Bend-. All ECOboost vehicles welcome

Please see attached PDF for details

Administrator can this be posted to Main page and made a sticky?
2013 SHO w/Performance Package (Tuxedo Black)
Air Raid Intake
X-pipe with Stock Mufflers
X4 SCT w/Unleashed Tunes

SHOdded

From SHOforum:

http://shoforum.com/index.php?threads/2016-sho-club-25th-annual-convention-information.132412

The information, including the Registration Form, as well as a link to the Hotels, are now on the SHO Club Webpage: http://www.shoclub.com/news.php

As shown there is the TownPlace Suites Host hotel, as well as a second hotel, the Fairfield Inn & Suites, across the parking lot. Both have a Convention Rate of $89/night. The link on the page will take you directly to a hotel registration form with the proper rate.

The Dragstrip and the National Corvette Museum West Course have been priced for 30 attendees. If we get more than that number for each, Kirk will be refunding excess funds for the additional attendees.

I have also looked up an outdoor Gun Range about a half-hour up I-65. If there is enough interest, we are considering it for Monday afternoon, after Golf in the morning.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bpd1151

This event has been OFFICIALLY CANCELLED as of June 7th, 2016.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bamsho

Yeah, think for everyone involved it was for the best.  Does it suck, YEAH, but that is short term.  I think long term it was for the best.
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

chessboxer

If anyone wants to come hang out in Bowling Green anyway, I'm always here!

If this is ever rescheduled, you can certainly count on me to be there.
2010 SHO | Livernois Stage 4+ Tune | 3-Bar map | 160 T-stat | Airaid CAI | Megan racing Coilovers | EBC Stage 5 Superstreet Brake Kit | 20" Niche Targa Rims on 255/45/20 BFG Sport Comp 2s | Livernois MyCal Touch Screen Tuner/Display

SHOdded

rooster has set up an alternative meet for folks who still want to get together:
http://shoforum.com/index.php?threads/2016-national-sho-convention-plan-b.132714

The National Convention was cancelled this morning. So, I'm putting together a Plan B for St. Louis. Doubt we'll get enough people together to warrant a banquet. Gonna keep it simple with BBQ and a Track day.

Thursday - Arrive and find a place for dinner
Friday - Golf with Ron Porter?, BBQ/Carshow Jefferson Barracks
Saturday - Track Day at Gateway Motorsports Park. GoKarting after the track day.
Sunday - Brunch.

Link to registration for the track day
https://www.motorsportreg.com/event...-motorsports-park-central-119027#.V1hQjVKh0fG

Link to the hotel
http://www.ihg.com/holidayinn/hotels/us/en/st-louis/stlsc/hoteldetail
Reservations may be made by calling the hotel directly at 314-892-3600 and requesting "in-house" reservations. It is important that each of your guests identify themselves as part of your group, and provide us with guest name, requested type of room (i.e. king with sofa sleeper or double queen), check-in and check-out dates and a credit or debit card to guarantee the room. Reservations must be received by 06/30/2016; thereafter, reservations will be taken on a space and rate available basis only.

For those interested in going straight for short distances, they'll be drag racing Friday and Saturday
https://www.facebook.com/events/1485072241786883/

Fun things to do in St. Louis
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g44881-Activities-Saint_Louis_Missouri.html

panther427

2013 SHO

SHOdded

Details could not be arranged in time by the event organizers, I believe mainly due to personal/family reasons.  Plus the location proved to be more challenging than expected as arranging a track day (the most expensive part) was not as easy as thought.

bpd1151

Quote from: panther427 on June 23, 2016, 12:23:23 PM
Why was it canceled
Oh there's a whole slew of reasons as to why it was cancelled..... and yet once again, SHOdded is being overly nice & way to politically correct.

There were fireworks on FB from what I understand, & I'm aware of the pertinent reasons as to why....  but it honestly is not really for public consumption.

Just leave it at that.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: bpd1151 on June 23, 2016, 07:11:54 PM
Quote from: panther427 on June 23, 2016, 12:23:23 PM
Why was it canceled
Oh there's a whole slew of reasons as to why it was cancelled..... and yet once again, SHOdded is being overly nice & way to politically correct.

There were fireworks on FB from what I understand, & I'm aware of the pertinent reasons as to why....  but it honestly is not really for public consumption.

Just leave it at that.

Well, that's no fun!

SHOw-Me State

Drama sucks, especially in forums or enthusiast groups.  Oh well.  Since "plan B" is right here in my home town, guess I kind of have to go, right?!?

Will definitely keep my eye on this and try to attend.  I might be the only bone stock car there!  :blush:
2011 SHO non-PP, Ingot Silver, 2013 fender vents, all stock (for now).
Future: Tune, 3-bar, new plugs.  Catted DP and exhaust someday.