• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Button push ecu prog change?

Started by Gjkrisa, May 23, 2016, 11:51:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gjkrisa

Hi curious if someone has thought or if it's possible with one of the reflashers to make any of the Eco boost vehicles to have eco tune for normal driving then when putting the shift lever to sport or putting the car in advance track off mode to have the ecu run for more rich? Or if with a haltech or megasquirt could do this?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

SHOdded

I think Diablo at one time had a claim that you could switch tunes on the fly.  But noone else has done it, so I am not hopeful of the results.  Though it seems simple programmatically (just an IF THEN branch), there must be a reason the reputable guys DON'T do it. Might be the whole GTDI setup is too "finicky" and does not like on-the-go logic switching, maybe it's the transmission, ...?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

J-Will

I have no idea on how vehicle ECUs work-
However, with computers- some values are read into RAM only once and never referenced again.  Therefore even if the value changes, it will have no impact. 
2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

John Miller

Livernois says that it is NOT possible.  I asked.  I was actually interested in a stock tune in D, with something more aggressive in S.  No dice.
2015 Taurus SHO, Non-PP, 93 Octane Livernois V10 "Soft Shift" Tune with 170 Reische Thermostat and 3-bar MAP sensor

AnotherGreenFusion

Cobb tuners have some ability to change between octane level fuel maps, while driving. Though I bet it is not a whole set of values like a re-flash would have. Not sure if Cobb even works for most of you, hell it only works on a couple years of the fusion.

Being able to change the whole flash while running, simply not possible.
'15 Fusion SE 2.0 AWD
CP-E Cold Side, Hot Side, αIntake, QKspl DP & RMM | Boomba Can | Cordova TB | Synapse Gen III BOV | Levels FMIC | 160* T-Stat | Steeda STB, Sway | Flatout 5700 | SCT by Unleashed/LMS 93v11

PM me for AMSOil @ Cost

FoMoCoSHO

Gjkrisa

I know with SCT diesel trucks have shift on the fly also the 2017 focus RS has this but it was mainly to get the exhaust to make the famous rally popping sound that there anti lag creates be nice to have a reflashers be also a piggy back. Thanks all for the comments.

Blackhawk

I loved this on my Chevy Cruze(LOL), put it in manual shift and it upped the boost and firmed the shifts.

Gjkrisa

Wow ecutec is amazing or are the fj20 ecu really good?
http://dsportmag.com/the-tech/ecutek-fr-s-reprogramming-power-limiting-factory-ecu/