• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

60ft Times

Started by Txstrmhntr, July 14, 2013, 11:49:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Txstrmhntr

Sorry if this is a bad place to post this, seemed like a good spot since there isnt really a Drag racing discussion area. Move it to elsewhere if you need again i apologize.

Question. I've taken the SHO out a couple times to the strip now and it seems the best 60ft's I can muster are about 1.99-2.1sec.

What are you guys averaging? and if your much better what tires and what RPM are you launching at?
OLD
2013 Taurus SHO with PP, LET Tuned, ATP+2 Turbos ,PPE Hotpipes, PPE off road DP's,  Alky control methanol injection
NEW-- 2016 Kona Blue Fiesta ST, Stock(not for long)

bpd1151

Consistent 1.8's.

Conti EC DSW's.

Launching 'tween 2K & 2200RPMS.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Txstrmhntr

K sounds like im not going to get much improvement in that dept then.

Im running the Goodyear Eagle F1's launching 2-2.2k
OLD
2013 Taurus SHO with PP, LET Tuned, ATP+2 Turbos ,PPE Hotpipes, PPE off road DP's,  Alky control methanol injection

crash712us

2 things. Are you lowering your tire pressure? 28psi works best for me. Staging when staging when turning on 2nd yellow light you just want just turn on and the stop immediately. RPM's 1800-2000.
Also are you doing a hole shot prior to staging? If not it helps a little bit get the tire warmed up so they stick.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

Txstrmhntr

Tried lowering the tire press to 25psi it didnt seem to help a whole lot.

Havent done any hole shots. AWD and street tires i figured it wasnt going to accomplish much.

I stage as shallow as i can.

I'll try a couple hole shots next time im out at least it might help get the water off the tires as i cant avoid the waterbox at the track i run at.
OLD

crash712us

Well there is your whole problem there, yeah spin that water off the tires first. Can't believe your forced go thru the water boxes though, odd.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

Ricanracer140

Your quickness off the tree doesn't determine your 60ft times. You can sit there after the light turns green, as long as you do not move, the et does not start until you break the first beam. The only thing that is measured it the reaction time. I wouldn't worry about this unless you were racing your buddy in the next lane. Concentrate on finding a sweet spot rpm that you can get the car to take off from. My car is a non-pp and I've only run 1.9 at 8.5 1/9 mile. I've tried different rpm's and I can't get better and I pretty much dead hook! 

darreli

I don't think they're saying anything about quickness off the tree..if you stage shallow your 60fts and ET will be quicker because of the rollout you get before crossing the beams. Staging deep or closest to the beams will give you a better reaction time but your ET will sacrifice some

Txstrmhntr

They have the boxes placed so that you physically cannot go around them it sucks
OLD

EcoPowerParts

If you need to get the water off your tires you can slightly depress the e-brake and do a decent burnout
Ford Flex FWD burnout
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

Needmoreboost

Good point Darrell on the staging shallow.  I did not even think of that when I ran.  I'm a non PP 2013 with just a tune.  My best 60 foot was 1.92 and 8.36 1/8 mile at 12.96.  My car liked more throttle on the brake 2200-2400 rpms for whatever reason.  When I braked it at 1700-1800 my 60 foots where in the 2.10's.  I had no spin whatsoever.
2014 Mustang GT/CS: white
Auto with custom Unleashed Tuning
Past honorable mentions: 13 SHO, 08 SRT4, 07 350Z, 03 Cobra, 03 Focus SVT, 00 GT Mustang, 91 LX Notch, etc.

FracaSHO

Launching 'tween 2K & 2200RPMS.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
[/quote]

How are you guys doing this?  Hold down brake and let off?  Put in neutral and throw into drive?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brad
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO w/ PP

Ryan327

Never neutral bomb it!!!!

You put one foot on the brake, other on the gas, rev it to 1800-2200 and you feel the car lurch against the brakes.

When your ready to go let off the brake and mash the gas to the floor at the same time.  You can do this same technique from a roll as well, it's called brake boosting.

VID_20130724_143301.mp4
2013 Ford Explorer Sport - Lund Racing 93 Tune
2010 Audi A4 - APR Stage 1 Tune
2003 Pontiac Grand Prix - Too much to list but still slow!

darreli

FracaSHO

Quote from: RedRocket327 on July 29, 2013, 08:26:52 PM
Never neutral bomb it!!!!

You put one foot on the brake, other on the gas, rev it to 1800-2200 and you feel the car lurch against the brakes.

When your ready to go let off the brake and mash the gas to the floor at the same time.  You can do this same technique from a roll as well, it's called brake boosting.

VID_20130724_143301.mp4

That's what I thought. Just wanted to make sure. Interesting thing though. I have an app on my iPhone called Dynolicious that a buddy told me about. He says its pretty accurate for 0-60, p1/8, 1/4, etc. times. I tested my 0-60 four times. Twice brake boosting, launching at 2,000 RPM's, and twice just straight up. My brake boosting times were 6.1 and 6.2 seconds. The other two were 5.4 and 5.5. I am 100% stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brad
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO w/ PP