• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2011 SHO w E85 mix - hiccup at WOT and cold temps

Started by ElvenSho, May 05, 2016, 11:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJP turbo

Elevensho, no meth? I forget...I gotta go to sleep...Want to look at that again...kinda wierd
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

ElvenSho

Quote from: AJP turbo on May 08, 2016, 11:40:51 PM
Elevensho, no meth? I forget...I gotta go to sleep...Want to look at that again...kinda wierd
No meth just dps and 3bar tune for power mods

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

2011 Red Taurus SHO- H&R springs, plugs, t-stat, 3bar, LMS dps, tuned by Torrie

SHOdded

Out of curiosity, what all parts have been replaced as repair items:  fuel injector, O2 sensor (bank 2?), etc.?  Q for all you guys, but does your ambient air temp reading take a jump after say 30 seconds or so?  I have noticed the AAT dipping down 5 degrees on Elven's current log, and a log from back in September 2015 or so.  Shouldn't affect a MAP system though, right?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ElvenSho

Quote from: SHOdded on May 09, 2016, 05:21:06 AM
Out of curiosity, what all parts have been replaced as repair items:  fuel injector, O2 sensor (bank 2?), etc.?  Q for all you guys, but does your ambient air temp reading take a jump after say 30 seconds or so?  I have noticed the AAT dipping down 5 degrees on Elven's current log, and a log from back in September 2015 or so.  Shouldn't affect a MAP system though, right?
I just had 1 fuel injector repaired about 15k miles ago, now thinking about it the issue was similar just not as noticable. Could it be that I have an injector going out? But than it should always happen not just when its cold?

ElvenSho

Its 59f right now and on my way to work i went wot in 2nd just to see if it happens and it did not. Last night when i loaded the new tune it still did it. Torrie did not tell me what he did but wanted a log. Will try to get another log in the next day or 2. This is weird ughh

Edit: did it again blahhh

SHOdded

Nice!  Same tank of fuel?  Hopefully will stay "fixed" post relearn.  As far as repairs, I was just looking at the parts side of things, gathering data as it were, may or may not be a correlation.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ElvenSho

Quote from: SHOdded on May 09, 2016, 09:13:22 AM
Nice!  Same tank of fuel?  Hopefully will stay "fixed" post relearn.  As far as repairs, I was just looking at the parts side of things, gathering data as it were, may or may not be a correlation.
It came back on the 2nd attempt and than went away in the 3rd. At this point I feel like I am beating on the car for no reason just trying to find out if it will happen lol. Its a new tank of gas. I always wait to get to 0 miles to empty than drive 15 miles before fueling 3gal of e85 and rest (15gals) of e0 93. I have to send another log to Torrie soon, whatever he did makes it happen higher in rpms now (5500) so maybe he can keep messing with it and get it right. The tune was for e093 so now with the revision he sent me yesterday I am assuming he is trying to change things to where it helps with the ethanol content.

SHOdded

So right now the fuel is E13 effectively.  If this gets straightened out, you can probably go to 4 gallons of E85/tank (E17) before the ceiling hits.  Let's see what Torrie comes back with :)  He has given no indication of seeing a problem (via the datalog) though, right?

ElvenSho

Quote from: SHOdded on May 09, 2016, 12:10:19 PM
So right now the fuel is E13 effectively.  If this gets straightened out, you can probably go to 4 gallons of E85/tank (E17) before the ceiling hits.  Let's see what Torrie comes back with :)  He has given no indication of seeing a problem (via the datalog) though, right?
No indication of a problem, all he did is sent me a new updated tune with 0 information lol, aftet I told him it still does it he replied saying "no data to analyse"... i think he is getting annoyed with me haha. (18 revisions now)

SHOdded

Nah, 18 is just the tip of the iceberg :D  Make sure you have a datalog to give him when you present him with a problem your vehicle is experiencing, noted.

ElvenSho

Quote from: AJP turbo on May 08, 2016, 11:40:51 PM
U get a chance to look at the log? I am curious to see if you can figure it out

ElvenSho

Lack of fuel pressure vs boost was the issue, 2 revisions and the problem is gone. Car feels smoother now and under acceleration not as loud but feels as quick. Not sure why it sounds different but I like it. Will keep working on the 3gallon mix in hotter temps.

SHOdded

Newest datalog?  Sometimes louder is not better, kinda like when a turbo or PTU tries to eat itself LOL!

ElvenSho

Quote from: SHOdded on May 12, 2016, 12:19:30 AM
Newest datalog?  Sometimes louder is not better, kinda like when a turbo or PTU tries to eat itself LOL!
Will get one today once it warms up. Yeah the weird thing is the car sounds probably 15%-20% quiter under wot or even when idling...not sure what thats all about but it definatelly feels nice lol. It was never too loud when idling but I could hear the injectors or the pump a lot more than now.

SHOnUup

If running an E/85 mix...I suggest using 4 ounces of MMO (marvel mystery oil) in your fuel once a month. Helps fight the corrosive attributes of E and lubes up those cams in the fuel system.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.