• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2011 SHO w E85 mix - hiccup at WOT and cold temps

Started by ElvenSho, May 05, 2016, 11:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElvenSho

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on May 06, 2016, 03:55:08 PM
I am familiar with the events you guys are talking about. My car does it as well but not when sport mode is activated which leads me to believe it is a TC event that I miss the blink or it doesn't always blink. With the kind of power some of us are running I think the tires can momentarily break loose in unexpected environments.

An example of this is the 25 MPH WOT downshift to first. With sport mode disabled, the car will cut out sometimes with a light and sometimes without. In sport mode, it doesn't happen at all.

I have seen shutdowns with the old car due to too much E and very low temps but those also came with a +7 KR so I assumed I was out of fuel. These other events I never see any KR activity so I just drive in sport mode all the time. Even in sport mode I see TC/ESC blinks where I wouldn't expect them. I also have times where I feel a wheel break loose with no light.

If you guys log it, make sure you log torque source so we can see where the request comes from.

When mixing E-85 i never beat on the car until STFT's return to normal.
STFS? How long does it take until back to normal?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

2011 Red Taurus SHO- H&R springs, plugs, t-stat, 3bar, LMS dps, tuned by Torrie

FoMoCoSHO

STFT=Short Term Fuel Trim

You have one stop shopping, I have to drive a couple of miles for V power so it takes longer. I think 7 miles is what Ford uses as assumption that STFT's have leveled after fillup and resumes calculating LTFT.

FoMoCoSHO

You gen 4.1 guys do have a different low pressure fuel pump and spec wise it doesn't deliver as much peak fuel to the HPFP so your tolerance may be lower.

ZSHO

Its been a long and rainy,dreary week up here in the N.East making it uneasy especially for ya data -loggers,hopefully we see some better weather in the horizon.  Z 

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ElvenSho

I got a good log catching this skipping in action, about to post

ElvenSho

Here you go guys... It was a perfect day for me to log this skipping issue. Its around 65* but feels colder and I knew the car would do it. Anyways take a look at it and let me know what you see, it happened 2 times in 2nd gear ONLY from what I could tell. This is e0 93 octane mixed with 3 gallons of e85, I was down to 25 miles to empty so I am not sure if that makes a difference or not. Please let me know what you see, thanks!

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: ElvenSho on May 08, 2016, 08:24:26 PM
Here you go guys... It was a perfect day for me to log this skipping issue. Its around 65* but feels colder and I knew the car would do it. Anyways take a look at it and let me know what you see, it happened 2 times in 2nd gear ONLY from what I could tell. This is e0 93 octane mixed with 3 gallons of e85, I was down to 25 miles to empty so I am not sure if that makes a difference or not. Please let me know what you see, thanks!
Looks like it went pretty lean in second, .88 Lambda but the good thing was no knock there.

Min Rail pressure was 1300 so not obscenely low.

Throttle angle DSD and actual plummets right where it happens.

I can see the RPM plateau at 5500 but have no idea whats causing it.

Did you let off when it happened?

ElvenSho

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on May 08, 2016, 08:55:23 PM
Quote from: ElvenSho on May 08, 2016, 08:24:26 PM
Looks like it went pretty lean in second, .88 Lambda but the good thing was no knock there.

Min Rail pressure was 1300 so not obscenely low.

Throttle angle DSD and actual plummets right where it happens.

I can see the RPM plateau at 5500 but have no idea whats causing it.

Did you let off when it happened?
I did not let off at all

FoMoCoSHO

ElvenSho

FoMoCoSHO

I only see that one closure but without torque source logged IDK how to figure out what is causing it.

Maybe the log wizard will have more insight.

ElvenSho

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on May 08, 2016, 09:10:21 PM
I only see that one closure but without torque source logged IDK how to figure out what is causing it.

Hope so  ^-^

AJP turbo

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on May 08, 2016, 09:10:21 PM

Be home in a bit...i think i like log warlock lol, log lizard perhaps?, no wait i got it...log monger!
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

SHOdded

Elven, are you tracking LOR (you can in Torque Pro, unsure in SCT)?  Do you see any differences in value between when you filled up, and now when you are seeing the skipping issue?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ElvenSho

Quote from: SHOdded on May 08, 2016, 10:47:49 PM
Elven, are you tracking LOR (you can in Torque Pro, unsure in SCT)?  Do you see any differences in value between when you filled up, and now when you are seeing the skipping issue?
I am not tracking anything but ai need to start. Torrie took a look at the log and sent me a new tune but did not give me any info on what he did. I am asking him now...