• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Updating SYNC

Started by shaundizzle15, May 04, 2016, 01:20:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaundizzle15

Hi, been trying to update my SYNC as it hasn't since 13'. After downloading the update and dropping it on my usb it always comes up with a bad file error. Anybody have any issues doing their own update? I'm using a Mac usb is formatted FAT 32 per fords recommendations.
Hockey/Golf/Car geek, Beagle loving, and totally comfortable with it.
Tuxedo Black nonPP 2013 SHO traded in
Shadow Black nonPP 2016 SHO
VTA, and tuned by GH

ZSHO

I hope this link will give you some insight on the issue . Z    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poOq192Tl9Y

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

BBOX

You may want to contact Ford and see if the update is legit. An update shows as available for my vehicle when I log in, I can download it but it does not work when I attempt to install it. I called Ford regarding the issue and they claim the update had been pulled with no ETA on when it would be put back out again.

SHOdded

Is this 4.6 you guys are talking about?  They had a problem with the installer, and that's why the update was pulled.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BBOX

Quote from: SHOdded on May 04, 2016, 02:38:22 PM
Is this 4.6 you guys are talking about?  They had a problem with the installer, and that's why the update was pulled.

I don't remember the version number off the top of my head but probably. I'm REALLY annoyed, the update was going to address issues specific to my phone that I was looking forward to having, and considering mine is a 2010 and it's only had maybe one other update, getting taunted by it is pretty frustrating.

SHOdded

Be sure the car's battery is strong at the time of the update.  From what I hear, it can take hours depending on how far back you did the update, to get the latest one installed.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Quote from: shaundizzle15 on May 04, 2016, 01:20:33 PM
Hi, been trying to update my SYNC as it hasn't since 13'. After downloading the update and dropping it on my usb it always comes up with a bad file error. Anybody have any issues doing their own update? I'm using a Mac usb is formatted FAT 32 per fords recommendations.
Shaun if you would be kind enough to add your signature,thanks.  Z  :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

shaundizzle15

Thanks everyone, I have version 3.6 per the settings,  I will give this another try and report back
Hockey/Golf/Car geek, Beagle loving, and totally comfortable with it.
Tuxedo Black nonPP 2013 SHO traded in
Shadow Black nonPP 2016 SHO
VTA, and tuned by GH

ZSHO

Here's the latest update from Ford.  Z      What's included in this update?
EA5T-14D544-AD SYNC2 - V3.8     Apple user's   Posted Dec. 18, 2015: Some 2011 thru 2016 Ford vehicles with MyFord Touch and 3.8 software may have a symptom of Siri Eyes Free not working over Bluetooth properly with iPhones at iOS 9.2 software. Ford is currently working with Apple on a resolution for this. For the time being, having the phone plugged into the USB port allows Siri Eyes Free to operate properly. We recommend that owners of MyFord Touch-equipped vehicles have their phones plugged into the USB port to operate Siri. If plugging into the USB port causes Autoplay to start playing USB media, please note that this can be disabled, or enabled, using the process described in the owners manual.

majorminor

I updated yesterday and it was the first update for this car.  I took almost exactly 30 minutes as advertised. Piece of cake!
2013 SHO non PP.  Sterling Gray Metallic. 20in Flower wheels

jmr061

The problem is with how the MAC unzips files.  It doesn't do it properly.  AUTOINSTALL and a folder called SYNCMYRIDE should be in the root.  Everything else should be in the SYNCMYRIDE folder.
Jason
16 Edge Sport

Ryan02Stang

I've tried over and over again and followed all instructions to a T, and cannot get the update installed on my 2012 MKS.

Really disappointed with Ford on this one....
2015 Explorer Sport
2012 Lincoln MKS ecoboost, Unleashed
2002 Mustang GT, Vortech Supercharged

BiGMaC

Quote from: Ryan02Stang on May 05, 2016, 08:41:05 AM
I've tried over and over again and followed all instructions to a T, and cannot get the update installed on my 2012 MKS.

I have found that if I copy only the contents of the folder you get when a Mac unzips to the thumb drive, and not the folder itself (again, just the files themselves) that it works fine.  This is not a part of the instructions ... Also be sure there is nothing else on the the thumb. Apparently the car looks for one of these files to begin the process and it doesn't recognize the folder.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

ZSHO

Based on the video above its important to use a High quality Drive and not a cheap alternative which might cause issues upon install.  Z

Ryan02Stang

Quote from: BiGMaC on May 05, 2016, 10:41:57 AM
Quote from: Ryan02Stang on May 05, 2016, 08:41:05 AM

I have found that if I copy only the contents of the folder you get when a Mac unzips to the thumb drive, and not the folder itself (again, just the files themselves) that it works fine.  This is not a part of the instructions ... Also be sure there is nothing else on the the thumb. Apparently the car looks for one of these files to begin the process and it doesn't recognize the folder.
I'll try that.  So you're saying only put the install files themselves on the thumb drive, and not the folders?

I was putting the folders on there exactly like Ford instructed to.
2015 Explorer Sport
2012 Lincoln MKS ecoboost, Unleashed
2002 Mustang GT, Vortech Supercharged