• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Stolen nav screen..

Started by jimmyducati, April 28, 2016, 11:05:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmyducati

If my nav screen is stolen, can I just replace it with a used one from eBay or a junk yard? If there are security measures that have to be overcome, I may just install an aftermarket system.
2010 White SHO w/two tone interior
2005 Ducati 999s  (the daily ridder)
1998 Ducati 916  (the beauty queen)
1995 Ducati 900ss (the track terror)
1978 Harley Davidson Shovelhead

BiGMaC

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

r1crusher

I can't say for certain but if they just stole the LCD/touchscreen any replacement can be had and installed.  If more was taken like say the sync module and/or APIM they I think you're in for more work as I believe the APIM module would need activated or whatever the proper term is using IDS at a dealership.

There's a guy on here that can answer this question pretty easily I believe, but I can't recall his name. :(
'13 SHO, AJP Tune w/ 3-Bar
'17 F-250 6.7 PowerStroke
'17 XSport

BBOX

Quote from: r1crusher on April 28, 2016, 06:27:56 PM
I can't say for certain but if they just stole the LCD/touchscreen any replacement can be had and installed.  If more was taken like say the sync module and/or APIM they I think you're in for more work as I believe the APIM module would need activated or whatever the proper term is using IDS at a dealership.

There's a guy on here that can answer this question pretty easily I believe, but I can't recall his name. :(

I think you're thinking of Lanson, or at least that's the dude I remember having an insane amount of ICE knowledge from a while back.

SHOdded

Lanson :thumb:  maybe pm him, he might be hanging out only on the Flex forums these days.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

glock-coma

Quote from: SHOdded on April 28, 2016, 07:53:44 PM
Lanson :thumb:  maybe pm him, he might be hanging out only on the Flex forums these days.
He's on diyma also as fourthmeal
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)