• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What oil does everyone use?

Started by Auggie, April 14, 2016, 06:02:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

I have used Mobile 1 Full Synthetic with Mobile 1 filter in all my cars since I got my first car. The 2010 SHO gets 5W-20 as recommended and I change it every 6 months or so. I barely put 2,500 miles a year on the SHO however they are generally very spirited miles if you will. :-)

panther427

Quote from: StealBlueSho on April 15, 2016, 10:40:16 AM
I have used Mobile 1 Full Synthetic with Mobile 1 filter in all my cars since I got my first car. The 2010 SHO gets 5W-20 as recommended and I change it every 6 months or so. I barely put 2,500 miles a year on the SHO however they are generally very spirited miles if you will. :-)
With that sort of miles I would just do a yearly oil change
2013 SHO

StealBlueSho

Quote from: panther427 on April 15, 2016, 11:53:01 AM
Quote from: StealBlueSho on April 15, 2016, 10:40:16 AM
With that sort of miles I would just do a yearly oil change
Yea, your probably right. Old habits...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Auggie

Yah, well I just think that those high priced oils are overkill and how many times a day, a week, a month does every one go to the REDLINE. Anyhow I didn't get a HAT but I do get coupons from Pennzoil.  Has anyone tried the color test yet ??

Auggie

BiGMaC

Quote from: Auggie on April 15, 2016, 03:34:01 PM
Yah, well I just think that those high priced oils are overkill and how many times a day, a week, a month does every one go to the REDLINE.

Auggie
At least once every time I get in my DD SHO... To keep it from learning to perform for my mother's tastes... LOL.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

Auggie

FoMoCoSHO

Yah, well I just think that those high priced oils are overkill and how many times a day, a week, a month does every one go to the REDLINE. Anyhow I didn't get a HAT but I do get coupons from Pennzoil.  Has anyone tried the color test yet ??

Auggie
Lol, every chance I get....

DakotaSHO

Yah, well I just think that those high priced oils are overkill and how many times a day, a week, a month does every one go to the REDLINE.

I for one beat the crap out of my SHO lol! It's my daily and with my ~20mi interstate round trip to work everyday usually sees 4 or 5 wot pulls up to 100-110mph on any given day, plus any quick stop light digs thru 1st & 2nd gear I may happen to stumble across in between. I realize probably changing my oil every 2500 miles is overkill but I chalk it up as preventative maintenance really haha
2011 SHO- Roush cai
2011 Ford Mustang GT - Boss im, Kooks LT's, Circle D 4C converter, JLT cai ~ 11.7@117mph
SOLD - 2011 Ford Taurus SHO (non pp)
LMS catless downpipes, windstorm cai, 160 Tstat, SP534 Plugs,3 bar, LMS 4+ tune, rear muffler delete
Best et: 13.09@105mph on LMS 93 4x tune

AJP turbo

Auggie

Spoken like a true granny.....yeah my daddys daddy did the color test when a v8 made 175 hp

Ive added 150 ftlbs of tq so the high priced synthetics are not overkill for me when i go 140 in my 4400lb sho....watch this

http://youtu.be/Qy31ndDFmrc
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

BiGMaC

Good vid ... even if it's a commercial... Amsoil Sig and Penzoil Platinum are the 2 least volatile oils on the NOAC testing.   Also tried to explain LSPI to the wife who gets tired of me always giving enough throttle to get 1-2 gears down shift when accelerating... She doesn't get it. 

As far as cost, figuring $7-8K for a new 3.5GDI and install, you can buy 1000 qts of a high end oil (enough for 250,000 to 500,000 miles) and the cost difference is about equal to replacing the engine if you destroy it.

Maybe I'm wasting money... Don't think so... But if I have a catastrophic engine failure I won't feel like I set the stage for it.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

nickwalter4

I've ran the same combo on all my cars and haven't been disapointed yet. People talk a lot of smack about FRAM but they've been in the fliter business forever and i feel like that should count for something. Also, When u get mobil 1 don't pay $9/qt when u can get a 5 qt jug for 20-30 bucks at your local walmart
below are what i would purchase for the Xsport.

if it was a different car. the quantity of oil might change but that's about it i run these on my non-turbo lancer as well.  0w-30 covers most manufacturer recommended viscosities i think when mobil 1 first starting getting big and didn't have the 0w i used 5w. on my MS3
wiring/diag @ ROUSH Ford prototype development. Fueled by, coffee, woodford reserve and the always delicious taco bell.

SOLD. '16 fire bronze Xsport: UPR catch can, AirAid, Hella sharptones, Husky floor liners, weathertech visors, PPE catted+coated DPS. 3bar, 170* TSTAT, SCT X4 by Unleashed 93 octane. Mobil 1.

ZSHO

Quote from: nickwalter4 on April 16, 2016, 09:51:52 PM
I've ran the same combo on all my cars and haven't been disapointed yet. People talk a lot of smack about FRAM but they've been in the fliter business forever and i feel like that should count for something. Also, When u get mobil 1 don't pay $9/qt when u can get a 5 qt jug for 20-30 bucks at your local walmart
below are what i would purchase for the Xsport.

if it was a different car. the quantity of oil might change but that's about it i run these on my non-turbo lancer as well.  0w-30 covers most manufacturer recommended viscosities i think when mobil 1 first starting getting big and didn't have the 0w i used 5w. on my MS3
Great stuff,cant beat the price IMO.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

AJP turbo

Quote from: nickwalter4 on April 16, 2016, 09:51:52 PM
I've ran the same combo on all my cars and haven't been disapointed yet. People talk a lot of smack about FRAM but they've been in the fliter business forever and i feel like that should count for something.

Ramen noodles have been in business forever but that doesn't mean it's good stuff....Maybe if you are talking about the fram tough guard or the gold canister...But the orange are economy grade poo poo..You get what you pay for..

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

nickwalter4

Lol u made it look like I said all that about noodles too. But no I don't get the basic orange ones. The one in the pic is pretty much the same as Bosch and synthetic Purolator filter. Also. My middle child loves ramen noodles.
wiring/diag @ ROUSH Ford prototype development. Fueled by, coffee, woodford reserve and the always delicious taco bell.

SOLD. '16 fire bronze Xsport: UPR catch can, AirAid, Hella sharptones, Husky floor liners, weathertech visors, PPE catted+coated DPS. 3bar, 170* TSTAT, SCT X4 by Unleashed 93 octane. Mobil 1.

AJP turbo

I have a case of ramen noodles in the pantry that are reserved for the zombie apocalypse

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress