• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

16 Xsport upr occ

Started by nickwalter4, April 06, 2016, 06:40:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickwalter4

some pics of my UPR in the 16 Xsport it's been installed since like day 3. over the course of 5000ish miles its caught about a quart of gunk. emptying periodically, into the same container for measurement.

It's up there on the passenger strut tower.

instead of just using the ground strap bolt I installed it from the bottom with of the bracket with some blue loctite and invested a quarter or 2 for a wing nut. quick and easy for when i want to empty it.

instead of leaving the hole open on the front valve cover, I took one of the old snap fittings and affixed a small breather filter and just snapped it back on. also notice, on the 16's the front vapor hose has a sensor so i actually had to cut the hose in the kit and use 2 hose clamps in effort to avoid CELs. I've seen plenty of 15's at work on a flex/mkt retro and havent come across that sensor before.

there is not usually that much stress on the OCC hoses i was just trying to get the sensor in the picture.

the AirAid box stresses the IAT sensor wiring a bit i think i might just drill a hole for this locator so it looks a little more factory; underneath is the WOT hose and my chair tip cap plug for VTA.

and a couple others..

wiring/diag @ ROUSH Ford prototype development. Fueled by, coffee, woodford reserve and the always delicious taco bell.

SOLD. '16 fire bronze Xsport: UPR catch can, AirAid, Hella sharptones, Husky floor liners, weathertech visors, PPE catted+coated DPS. 3bar, 170* TSTAT, SCT X4 by Unleashed 93 octane. Mobil 1.

66 Galaxie

Nice install.  On the to do list this year for my Flex.
'14 Flex Tuxedo Black ecoboost

ZSHO

That certainly is a great unit,are you using full synthetic oil? have you checked your oil level because a quart of gunk between 5,000 mile interval sounds a bit excessive IMO,no dis intended.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

nickwalter4

Quote from: ZSHO on April 06, 2016, 08:00:05 PM
That certainly is a great unit,are you using full synthetic oil? have you checked your oil level because a quart of gunk between 5,000 mile interval sounds a bit excessive IMO,no dis intended.  Z

when i changed the oil only 3 qts came out vs the 6 it said it takes. i run mobil 1 i put all 6qts in and it hasn't yelled at me i just figured some was caught up in the turbo feed lines and whatnot... it's something i have on my list to check for mext time i change oil.  just under 7k miles so next
wiring/diag @ ROUSH Ford prototype development. Fueled by, coffee, woodford reserve and the always delicious taco bell.

SOLD. '16 fire bronze Xsport: UPR catch can, AirAid, Hella sharptones, Husky floor liners, weathertech visors, PPE catted+coated DPS. 3bar, 170* TSTAT, SCT X4 by Unleashed 93 octane. Mobil 1.

glock-coma

The spot where your breather filter is hooked up is going the the air box above the filter so it pulls filtered air.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

ZSHO

This setup is from a 16 Sport using the RX catch can Diagram.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

glock-coma

I actually explained that wrong lol. 
The clean side separator where the oil cap goes is going to the air box. That nipple where your breather is, is capped off in my setup.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

SHOdded

Nice handiwork, Nick.  Hopefully, the initial gunk was just a "breakin" phenomenon.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

cj68

I would really like to see this install but the picture links appear to be dead

nickwalter4

Quote from: cj68 on August 09, 2016, 02:50:16 PM
I would really like to see this install but the picture links appear to be dead

I know this site went thru some hosting issues I'm not sure if I used source code from tinypic host or if I just copied the coding from fb. I'll see if I can dig up the pics tomorrow or this weekend.

SHOdded

The pics had been linked from FB ...
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

nickwalter4

Im too lazy to re-write and match up the pics source code to the original write up, however, in no particular order, the pics of my install....

SHOdded

Thanks for reposting, I have updated the original post, hopefully correctly!