• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Cheapest price on Amsoil?

Started by J_C, April 03, 2016, 11:39:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J_C

I'm coming up on my first oil change and would like to switch over to Amsoil signature series but unsure where to buy from? I've never ran Amsoil in any of my vehicles but this seems to be a popular brand used in the ecoboost platform.
2013 Taurus SHO performance pack: H&R's, Aem drop in filter, Torrie e30 tune, 3 bar map, 170 t-stat,  Unleashed catless downpipes, Vibrant resonators, 4" rolled tips

12.172 @ 113.06 mph

AJP turbo

Get yourself a membership from their website....25 bucks a year...then you get it at wholesale prices...then jjust buy amsoil from the website...well worth it i think....i use it for everything i own including wifes car...if you use amsoil the reccomemded way and have a membership amsoil is no more expensive than off the shelf products because of the life span of group iv oils
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

panther427

Do you have a UOA from your car yet AJ
2013 SHO

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/board,165.0.html
One of our members is an Amsoil dealer.  Click through the link on his board to start the process, if you like.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

AJP turbo

Quote from: panther427 on April 03, 2016, 12:02:34 PM
Do you have a UOA from your car yet AJ

No never did...i change at 5k which is way too soon for the signature series but i dont get uoa so...but i go 10k in my wifes turbo sportage which is also too soon....ive never seen a single uoa where the oils total based number was low and the oil was exhausted before the recommended change interval   Including direct injected engines...the fact is that people overchange group iv oils..me included but if it make you feel better then its all you lol

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

J_C

With the signature series I could drive my car over a year before getting to the recommended oil change interval! At that rate, buying a year membership may not be cost effective for someone driving roughly 10k miles a year. I still want to run it but may not worry about being a member.
2013 Taurus SHO performance pack: H&R's, Aem drop in filter, Torrie e30 tune, 3 bar map, 170 t-stat,  Unleashed catless downpipes, Vibrant resonators, 4" rolled tips

12.172 @ 113.06 mph

ZSHO

I would change it twice a year based on the mileage you mentioned above if your tuned.  Z    SERVICE LIFE
• Normal Service – Up to 25,000 miles, 700 hours of operation
ORONEYEAR WHICHEVERCOMESlRST INPERSONALVEHICLESNOT
operating under Severe Service.
• Severe Service – Up to 15,000 miles, 700 hours of operation
ORONEYEAR WHICHEVERCOMESlRST
Severe Service: Primarily short trips (less than 10 miles [16
KM=   TURBOSUPERCHARGEDENGINESCOMMERCIALORmEETVEHICLES
EXCESSIVEIDLINGlRST
TIMEUSEOF!-3/),MOTOROILINAVEHICLE
with more than 100,000 miles; frequent towing, hauling, plowing
or driving in dusty conditions.
• -ODIlEDENGINESNON
STOCK   ANDTHOSEUSING%FUELARE
excluded from extended drain recommendations.

• Change at the vehicle manufacturer's recommended drain
interval outside U.S. and Canada.
• AMSOIL Ea® Full-Flow Oil Filters are designed for extended
change intervals. With other brands, do not exceed six months
or 10,000 miles unless longer intervals are recommended by
the vehicle manufacturer.
• #HECKOILREGULARLYTOMAINTAINPROPERlLLLEVELS
AMSOIL Ea®&ULL
&LOW/IL&ILTERSSTOPSMALLERPARTIC

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

AJP turbo

Quote from: J_C on April 03, 2016, 12:26:03 PM
With the signature series I could drive my car over a year before getting to the recommended oil change interval! At that rate, buying a year membership may not be cost effective for someone driving roughly 10k miles a year. I still want to run it but may not worry about being a member.

Well you can only go a year on amsoil anyway....probably all oils for that matter due to oxidation and acid levels going up....but you have tranny fluid...ptu and rdu gear oil....all amsoil products have group iv base stocks ....you want the severe gere oils for the ptu and diff and the synthetic atf lv ....all of those have the good stuff

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

J_C

Quote from: ZSHO on April 03, 2016, 12:39:30 PM
I would change it twice a year based on the mileage you mentioned above.  Z

With a suggested 15k miles interval?  I figured once a year would be sufficient being that I'll be around 5k less than rated at? So 5k miles in between oil changes is the norm with signature series?

12.172 @ 113.06 mph

AJP turbo

I can't remember but because we have a turbo we fall under severe duty and i think amsoil says 12500 but u need to look...5k is overkill but thats what i do

I used to taked to a amsoil dealer that was pretty high up and the most knowledgeable person ive met on amsoil on a  mustang forum and he had a twin turbo coyote like me and he said his uoa was fine after 5k and you are wasting the oil when you change it sooner

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

ZSHO

AJ guess your right even if it does mention that Modified engines (non stock)are excluded from extended drain recommendations.  Z      http://www.amsoil.com/lit/databulletins/g2880.pdf

FoMoCoSHO

I would highly advise against going longer than a year on amsoil regardless of miles. I did it once on my old ST and when I changed it, it smelled burnt and had the consistency of water. I think mileage wise it was like 6K.

AJP turbo

Quote from: ZSHO on April 03, 2016, 01:12:12 PM
AJ guess your right even if it does mention that Modified engines (non stock)are excluded from extended drain recommendations.  Z      http://www.amsoil.com/lit/databulletins/g2880.pdf

True, we are non stock but 5k is a far cry from 12,500 for severe duty or whatever it is that they call for and im sure its a cya thing anyway....amsoil may not regularly be able to test modded vehicles i dunno

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

J_C

Quote from: AJP turbo on April 03, 2016, 12:59:30 PM
I can't remember but because we have a turbo we fall under severe duty and i think amsoil says 12500 but u need to look...5k is overkill but thats what i do

I used to taked to a amsoil dealer that was pretty high up and the most knowledgeable person ive met on amsoil on a  mustang forum and he had a twin turbo coyote like me and he said his uoa was fine after 5k and you are wasting the oil when you change it sooner

Thanks! Sounds like keep under a year or 10k miles to be safe

I

12.172 @ 113.06 mph