• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

16 xsport Dual tone horn

Started by nickwalter4, April 02, 2016, 04:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickwalter4

So between last night and this morning I dropped my front fascia  to wire up some hella sharptones. I put them in the grille and bracketed to the front bumper had to trim a lip inside the fascia to make. Drilling thru the front bumper for the brackets was rather difficult. I took plenty of pictures, but every time i add them on attachments it tells me my attachments are too big. Maybe I'll put them on a third party hosting site and post as html when i get some time. The pictures are up on my FB page time now if anyone wants to click over there.
wiring/diag @ ROUSH Ford prototype development. Fueled by, coffee, woodford reserve and the always delicious taco bell.

SOLD. '16 fire bronze Xsport: UPR catch can, AirAid, Hella sharptones, Husky floor liners, weathertech visors, PPE catted+coated DPS. 3bar, 170* TSTAT, SCT X4 by Unleashed 93 octane. Mobil 1.

nickwalter4

hella sharptone install pics.

first step was drop the fascia, because for some crazy reason you can't remove the grille, without pulling the entire fascia

drill holes in bumper plate and mount angle brackets:

Fabricate harness, Ford calls for 14 guage wire to the horns, blue with white stripe and black with grey stripe. neither of which specifically were available in small quantities, i just got 14ga blue, and black from autozone.

crimp on female spade connectors to attach to horns. throw a dab of solder on for good measure.

heat shrink tubing over crimped/soldered female spade connector

mount horns to brackets bolt/washer on both sides/nut with thread locker(loctite). and roughly run fabricated harness.

splice fabricated harness into stock harness relocated from near hood release. couldn't solder the butt connectors but did crimp and shrink tube.

immobilize fabricated harness with a length of body tape.

Put fascia back on and adjust for desired 'look'

removing the fascia required removal of the front wheels, so putting those back on was the last step.

close up:

wiring/diag @ ROUSH Ford prototype development. Fueled by, coffee, woodford reserve and the always delicious taco bell.

SOLD. '16 fire bronze Xsport: UPR catch can, AirAid, Hella sharptones, Husky floor liners, weathertech visors, PPE catted+coated DPS. 3bar, 170* TSTAT, SCT X4 by Unleashed 93 octane. Mobil 1.

SHOdded

Would this be better suited for the howto section?  LMK and I will move it.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

nickwalter4

its my build so i put it in builds.. i dont usually forum too much, so  put it wherever it might fit lol.

SHOdded

K, i will leave it here and put a pointer in the howto section, no probs :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

AJP turbo

SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

nickwalter4

nickwalter4

Quote from: nickwalter4 on April 02, 2016, 07:54:23 PM
Quote from: AJP turbo on April 02, 2016, 07:30:50 PM
Sound clip?

i'll take one when i get a chance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CeBZFu1vTY

video doesn't really do it justice. these are stupid loud but not in like a "melt your brain when you stand in front of them" way.