• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Ecoboost Police Interceptor receiving mods!

Started by SpeedTrap, March 31, 2016, 01:30:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpeedTrap

Hey there!

I bit the bullet this week and ordered an Airaid CAI, NGK spark plugs, 170 degree thermostat, 3 Bar MAP, and an SCT X4 with Unleashed tune. Parts should be arriving soon and will be installing next week! As I'm doing the work myself, I'd appreciate any input to make my life easier. Thanks so much, I'll keep everyone updated with the progress on my Ecoboost Police Interceptor!
Vehicle: 2013 PI Sedan ECOBOOST.
Mods: Airaid CAI, 3-Bar MAP, plugs, 170 Degree Thermostat, Powerstop "Top Cop" brake pads and rotors, Matt Cater tuned, 93 Octane.
Mustang Dyno: 337 AWHP, 368 AWTQ 93 Octane.
Best Time: 12.829 @ 106.88, 1.835 60 foot.

Sabtaj1

13 Eco flex.

Stainless works non cat DP/ MRT axle back/ Airaid cai/ 170 T-stat/ 3 bar map/ 1 step colder plugs/ snow stage 3/ hot pipes w/TIAL BOV/ torrie tuned-SCT/

SHOdded

My first thought would be to use the HOW-TO section on this forum to your advantage:
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/board,107.0.html

Hopefully you won't lose much coolant during the TStat install, but expect to have to replace upto a quart or so, then burp the system to avoid losing heat in the cabin.

Install the 3 bar at the same time you are installing the tune.  Do not try to operate the car with the 3bar alone (it won't let you go anywhere anyway), or you will get the full sights & sounds tour :)

Make sure the battery is good & strong before you start loading the tune.  Could be risky otherwise.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BiGMaC

Welcome!  :WELCOME: :WELCOME:

Great start! Manu's rec is excellent...

There is also a post titled "Is it possible" with info and source for a twelve inch touch screen made for the PI to replace the small one in your center stack.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock