• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

"New to Me" 2014 SHO with 402a and SHO PP

Started by dmdillon, March 30, 2016, 03:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmdillon

Greetings to all from Indiana (where winter can't make up her friggin' mind!)  ;-)

Just bought a 2014 SHO with the 402a and SHO Performance packages in Tuxedo Black.  So far the only mod I've done is to tint the windows to 20%.  I have lots of things I'm looking into, such as body color match for the chrome accents, either different rims or plasti-dip the OEMs (don't be hating on me!!).  I'm also researching performance mods.  Results seems to be really mixed as to how much bang for the buck you get with various tunes and manufacturers.  Livernois seems to be the hands-down favorite, but I am still researching what I get with their various tune levels.  I am still under factory warranty as well as power train warranty, so I want to go slow and make sure I don't do anything I'll regret later.

I'm looking forward to learning from you all!
-David

SHOdded

Welcome to the forum, David, great start to the modding journey with your SHO!  Performance-wise, making sure maintenance is up to date and up to par is a necessary foundation for reliable & enjoyable performance.  You can get familiar with recalls & TSBs that may be pertinent to your SHO here:
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,3836.0.html

While the hp/tq numbers won't be identical from vehicle to vehicle, they should be pretty close, given the same exact mods.  Here is an idea on the return on investment:
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,808.0.html

Check to make sure there are no recalls, and what service discounts are available to you from Ford:
http://owner.ford.com

More build data for your SHO:
http://www.etis.ford.com
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Welcome aboard partner,please post some pics of the new ride and best of luck.  Z   :WELCOME:

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

CroR1

Welcome aboard. You will like the PP option.

Can't remember if mine is 401 or 402, It's been a while.

ClearwaterSHO

Congrats on the SHO! They are amazing machines. I just went through this process, and both LMS and Unleashed are amazing tuners. I went with Unleashed because I liked the idea of the tune being customized for my engine vs a one size fits all method. I have read many, many reports on both tuners being absolutely amazing, and you will not be disappointed with whom ever you choose. That said, my Unleashed 3 bar tune has my SHO in the 12's on the first revision, and she has a little more in her. Just read, read, read, and then decide for yourself. Either tuner will take great care of your car. As far as warranty, tune could potentially void your warranty, assuming they can prove the tune was the cause of the part failure. Most just return to stock for warranty work, while taking note of the strategy code, and then just retune once they get home. Enjoy that beast of a machine! Nothing greater than watching a Vette, 5.0 Mustang, etc., in your rear view mirror!

Last thing, WELCOME TO THE FORUM!
2013 NON-PP SHO Tuxedo Black
Unleashed 3 Bar Tune -12.865 @ 106.5
AJP POWERED Tune - 12.59 @ 108.?

Mods: GH Intercooler, E30 Tune by AJPTurbo, SW Catless DP's, H&R Springs, MSD Coils (Is this a mod?)

Livernois Motorsports

Welcome to the forum from the crew here at Livernois Motorsports!

Feel free to shoot us a PM , email, or phone call if you would like some additional information on our offerings.  I personally prefer the phone myself, to help better answer any other questions you may have all at once versus the week long email chains I get wrapped up often. 

We provide fully custom dyno tunes that can be further modified to suit each and every customer's needs no matter what some think on here.  We can send you a base tune like some do, and then adjust things further like softer / firmer shifting, more / less throttle tip in, adjust rev limits , shift points, torque management, so on and so fourth. 

But we don't ask for logs, and send out our initial tunes already set to where 99% of our customers want them.  Many guys with minor bolt ons and our latest tunes are running mid 12s right out of the box with out any back and fourth updates needed.  Sure we could send out a less powerful tune from a few years ago, and gradually step it up each time you ask for more, but why hold out on what we know is already spot on.

My name is Anthony @ 313-561-5500 ext 1
tuning@livernoismotorsports.com