• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Help me read my logs

Started by Scott4957, March 28, 2016, 10:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElvenSho

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on April 18, 2016, 10:50:20 AM
Quote from: SHOdded on April 18, 2016, 05:41:21 AM
Fomoco would advocate you calling up Brian at BND and getting some ACES love for your SHO, Elven ;)
I would like to see if it drops his KR....
E85 should also help according to Torrie so we will try a gallon mixed in a full tank and go from there.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

2011 Red Taurus SHO- H&R springs, plugs, t-stat, 3bar, LMS dps, tuned by Torrie

AJP turbo

Quote from: ElvenSho on April 18, 2016, 12:43:10 PM
Quote from: AJP turbo on April 18, 2016, 12:06:03 AM
ElevenSHO, You should be pretty happy with that...Should feel beastly. Torrie really changed the boost you were commanding...Not sure why your tunes were so different....You were targeting about 15.6 psi the entire pull through the gears. You are maxxed out on the spark. You had knock sensor activity the entire time but I would live with it...You are getting the most power for the fuel you have....The knock sensor will do the work. Fuel pressure looked good

You never droped below about 15 psi at redline so that's pretty good I think...Big boost spikes at upshifts but that's the nature of this beast unless you want to use the throttle to regulate it, but that's not Torrie's approach. You didn't knock excessively or have fuel pressure drops so I wouldn't worry

I'll be curious to see how well that tune runs at the track.
Good to hear! I will be at the track on the 23rd and will let you know how it does compared to the previous tune that had me run 12.8@108. Torrie is having me try a gallong of e85 with the full tank to see if it helps with the KR, will actually do a log with that today and send to him. I can post it on here also if you are interested?

Hell yeah, post away...the nerd in me actually enjoys looking at them
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

ElvenSho

Quote from: AJP turbo on April 18, 2016, 01:02:17 PM
ElevenSHO, You should be pretty happy with that...Should feel beastly. Torrie really changed the boost you were commanding...Not sure why your tunes were so different....You were targeting about 15.6 psi the entire pull through the gears. You are maxxed out on the spark. You had knock sensor activity the entire time but I would live with it...You are getting the most power for the fuel you have....The knock sensor will do the work. Fuel pressure looked good

You never droped below about 15 psi at redline so that's pretty good I think...Big boost spikes at upshifts but that's the nature of this beast unless you want to use the throttle to regulate it, but that's not Torrie's approach. You didn't knock excessively or have fuel pressure drops so I wouldn't worry

Good to hear! I will be at the track on the 23rd and will let you know how it does compared to the previous tune that had me run 12.8@108. Torrie is having me try a gallong of e85 with the full tank to see if it helps with the KR, will actually do a log with that today and send to him. I can post it on here also if you are interested?

Here you go, enjoy lol!

Torrie said that its a bit better but wants me to bump it up to 2 gallons of e85 with rest 93e0.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: ElvenSho on April 18, 2016, 03:21:27 PM

Here you go, enjoy lol!

Torrie said that its a bit better but wants me to bump it up to 2 gallons of e85 with rest 93e0.
Make sure you verify that it is E-0 because that will definitely change your blend percentage and perceived results.

This is great for us to see the effects adding some corn has on your KR with a baseline.

Looked to me that peak and overall KR activity decreased.

1-2 and 2-3 took a bit of an FRP hit but third stayed strong.

Still >1450 PSI the entire run

I'm very curious what % you have to hit to suppress knock.

ElvenSho

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on April 18, 2016, 03:24:31 PM
Quote from: ElvenSho on April 18, 2016, 03:21:27 PM

Here you go, enjoy lol!

Make sure you verify that it is E-0 because that will definitely change your blend percentage.
The owner of the gas station stated it is pure gas, its 3.89 per gallon for that reason I guess.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: AJP turbo on April 16, 2016, 11:18:40 PM
Steal blue sho your WOT from a stop is kinda interesting.....Your throttle is closing Id say because you are overboosting and load must be exceeding a torque limit....I'm not sure why you are going so much over your desired boost...You are targeting about 202 kpa but your were boosting to 225 and even 250kpa

Your throttle closings are weird tho, the timing is weird...Your throttle closed before you hit 2nd...Usually your boost spike won't happen til after the shift and then your throttle would close a bit

Some things are hard to deduce because only torrie knows what he is doing in the tune.

And you are leaning out a little more than I would like to see...Surprisingly though, there wasn't much knock sensor acivity....Your fuel pressure isn't terrible for the load you were spiking to. You drop to around 1300 psi fuel pressure which should be enough to maintain AFR but you went to .88 and .90 lambda which I wouldn't like....I've had fuel pressure as low as 700 psi and maintained AFR. You don't and your STFT's spike. So I don't know why you went lean. You were commanding .80 lambda....That is LAMBSE. So if you have fuel pressure, and you do, you should be pretty close to what's commanded and you aren't.
Thanks for the in-depth analysis. I ended up sending Torrie a couple sets of datalogs after I return the car to stock, he said they would be useful. After which he sent me a new tune that was pretty conservative. Working back and forth a bit he seems to be bringing the load up slowly with each revision. I can't speak highly enough of this guy, he has the patience of a Saint.

My data logs are looking cleaner, AFR is being maintained better at around .80 with a slight jump to .85 for less than a second in first gear, STFT are not spiking as high around 1.08, and fuel pressure is keeping up better. Of course all that said he is keeping my loads around 1.70 with peaks around 1.76... So a bit more conservative. Seems every revision at this point adds more load but keeps my AFR under better control.

Although there at two trends I am noticing and I think you hit it on the head and Torrie is working through them...

One is I keep boosting way over desired. Each tune at this point seems to bringing those in line with each other slowly, but I am still seeing some big deltas.

Two is bank 1 keeps running considerably leaner than bank 2. I would doubt this is normal? The PCV sits on top of bank one, not sure if it is leaking or maybe a clogged injector? Vac leak? I am not throwing codes though.

In short, Torrie seems to be feeling it out and being very patient with me.. Sent him a set of logs last night at 1030, had a response by 1045 with an adjusted tune.. Talk about turn around times...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

f8tlSHO

E20 mix for the win... 12.4@111 torrie tuned.. K&n filter only

Sent from my iPhone
2013 Non PP Unleashed 93 E20 3 Bar Tune, K&N drop in 12.491 @ 110.96 120's IAT
Now tuned by ajp...looking to go faster
E30 tune on14psi full weight including 2 child seats,race like a real street car.
12.433 @110.8 140's IAT; Mustang Dyno 332hp / 386tq

StealBlueSho

After triple checking the spark plugs and I decided to reseat the PCV assembly since I just kinda moved it out of the way when I put the plugs in. Turns out when I moved it back into place there is a rubber gasket that helps seal it to the valve cover, well it had gotten rolled/bunched. Fixed it, tightened  it back down. Started running through the tune Torrie sent me and my AFR was looking much better, which maybe contributed to the incorrectly seated PCV assembly... as a faulty one can cause you to run lean. Anyway... very happy with the tune, here are some data logs that look pretty clean I would think...

AJP turbo

Steal blue walk me through the logic of a seal on pcv contributing to bad afr readings?

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

StealBlueSho

Quote from: AJP turbo on April 22, 2016, 09:03:16 PM
Steal blue walk me through the logic of a seal on pcv contributing to bad afr readings?
Good question, and I am not sure, since we use MAP and not MAF.  However, after fixing the seal, the afrs are better... I can't explain it.. But across ALL the tunes the afrs are better.. No doubt someone smarter than me can explain or its fluke? I really don't know...

AJP turbo

Placebo effect I was only asking because I wanted you to bang yourself

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

Scott4957

Quote from: AJP turbo on April 22, 2016, 09:30:53 PM
The AJ we know and love LOL

2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost, AJP Tuned

StealBlueSho

Quote from: AJP turbo on April 22, 2016, 09:30:53 PM
I appreciate the effort good Sir, it did not go unnoticed.  :D

ZSHO

Quote from: StealBlueSho on April 22, 2016, 07:21:27 PM
After triple checking the spark plugs and I decided to reseat the PCV assembly since I just kinda moved it out of the way when I put the plugs in. Turns out when I moved it back into place there is a rubber gasket that helps seal it to the valve cover, well it had gotten rolled/bunched. Fixed it, tightened  it back down. Started running through the tune Torrie sent me and my AFR was looking much better, which maybe contributed to the incorrectly seated PCV assembly... as a faulty one can cause you to run lean. Anyway... very happy with the tune, here are some data logs that look pretty clean I would think...
SBSHO would you be kind enough to add your signature,thanks.  Z   :) Btw the 15's do have a different pcv system which use a (crank pressure sensor).  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

StealBlueSho

I said MAYBE because I wasn't sure and I do not know if that contributed to the leaner AFR. I know on some of my older cars an improperly sealed pcv valve can cause excess air to get into the system that is not accounted for by the MAF. Since the Ecoboost motors do not use a MAF but MAP of which I am not as familiar with troubleshooting I can only speculate. The PVC assembly/valve does happen to be after both MAP sensors on our valve cover but the line that runs to the intake is in-between the manifold map and the map before the throttle body. Again, I am speculating that if not sealed correctly would could cause excess air to be brought in. Again, speculating.

http://www.freeasestudyguides.com/pcv-system-problems.html was one of the sources I was pulling from.

I had an older Ford which had a PCV valve get stuck open, it caused the car to run like crap.

Tough crowd...