• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Experimenting with Octane Adjust Ratio (LOR) settings in SCT

Started by AJP turbo, March 12, 2016, 02:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoMoCoSHO

@AJPTurbo

Are you going to leave it like that for now and see if it changes over multiple tanks?

AJP turbo

No, that showed me something on the knock strategy....I was going to add a bit more spark at wot and I don't want to retune all the tables...SO I'm actually going to let it go lower than -1 maybe like -1.2 so it will maybe give the part throttle a little more spark and it should also add to the WOT

When I was previously showing -.96 and think it was really -1

For some reason I think the display is truncated or something

I was going to have my OAR between -.5 and -1 but then I'd have to retune the spark..Ford spent a lot of time I'm sure on part throttle spark so I'm not gonna waste time there...I don't see the need to spend time maximizing spark at cruise....If I want more power I'll just step on the gas...I'll let the OAR do it for me
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

StealBlueSho

Note: when mixing in Ethanol into a tune that already taxes the fuel system be prepared for lower than expected Fuel Pressure.... wowza!!! 850psi.... a bit further away from the normal dips I see lol...

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: StealBlueSho on February 25, 2017, 09:54:33 AM
Note: when mixing in Ethanol into a tune that already taxes the fuel system be prepared for lower than expected Fuel Pressure.... wowza!!! 850psi.... a bit further away from the normal dips I see lol...
Uhhhh, how much did you put in?

That's about than half of what I'm getting!

Also, you've got mail!

StealBlueSho

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on February 25, 2017, 03:20:43 PM

2.5 Gallons..

Mind you... my current tune doesn't account for any E l, still .80 lambse.

Not sure why it took such a dive... only in 1st gear... 1500psi in second... 1700 or so in third...

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: StealBlueSho on February 25, 2017, 03:23:36 PM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on February 25, 2017, 03:20:43 PM

2.5 Gallons..

Mind you... my current tune doesn't account for any E l, still .80 lambse.
Well, you need that changed to .85 ASAP!

I sent you a present to help you calculate your correct stoich setting.

FoMoCoSHO

FoMoCoSHO

Have I mentioned I get almost 27 degrees of spark advance?

This thing pulls hard everywhere...

Punch it at 80 and it will jerk the wheel....

Even with the OEM paper filter, lol.

StealBlueSho

........ I get 20.5 degrees advance on 93 alone... at 14.5psi...

Although how much boost are you targeting? Makes a difference in spark...

I'm already talking to Brad about updating my tune to account for the added corn.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: StealBlueSho on February 25, 2017, 03:35:42 PM

I'm already talking to Brad about updating my tune to account for the added corn.
15, as the temps improve I might start moving toward 17 but i dunno....more boost equals more IAT2 heat.

There is a huge difference in how the car feels between 20 and 27....It's made me a spark junkie and Brad is my dealer.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on February 25, 2017, 03:39:52 PM

15, as the temps improve I might start moving toward 17 but i dunno....more boost equals more IAT2 heat.

There is a huge difference in how the car feels between 20 and 27....It's made me a spark junkie and Brad is my dealer.

I have seen a lot of datalogs... the 13+ SHO's must have better logic to assist in fuel pressure... I see 13+s hitting 2400 psi at the rail, sometimes more, and mine never goes above 2250psi...like most 2010-2012's

The rail pressure curves are very different!

Makes me a sad panda because ambient temps really play havoc on my fuel pressure...

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: StealBlueSho on February 25, 2017, 03:51:01 PM

I have seen a lot of datalogs... the 13+ SHO's must have better logic to assist in fuel pressure... I see 13+s hitting 2400 psi at the rail, sometimes more, and mine never goes above 2250psi...like most 2010-2012's

Makes me a sad panda because ambient temps really play havoc on my fuel pressure...
You might want to have him rescale your OAR as well.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on February 25, 2017, 03:58:32 PM
Quote from: StealBlueSho on February 25, 2017, 03:51:01 PM

You might want to have him rescale your OAR as well.

Why the need to rescale OAR? I admittedly don't know enough about the scaling of OAR, haven't really compared the spark at different OAR's...

But in theory, it scales based on input from the knock sensor, not sure why you would need to rescale it for the added octane of E85?

FoMoCoSHO

I think it adds a layer of safety when running very high octane beyond the limits of -1....

Basically it gives you resolution beyond -1... With power so far beyond -1, I think that's a good thing. You will never know there is a fuel issue with corn at -1.....-1.2 will tell you if you effed up your blend or got a tank of less that perfect gas or corn.

Part throttle response is improved as well IMHO I'd suspect due to spark advance.