• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What kind of pressure are you seeing on your LPFP?

Started by FoMoCoSHO, March 02, 2016, 10:13:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoMoCoSHO

Just curious what others are seeing on their LPFP when logging or monitoring with one of the OBD programs.

I see 75psi to 85psi normal driving and 110@WOT.

AJP turbo

Sounds about right...although i dont think i remember anything over 100...been awhile since i looked at low pressure...it was just always consistent even when the high pressure dropped to 700 psi so i elominated it from my logs and stopped looking

What prompts your question?
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

FoMoCoSHO

It seems like some cars seem to hold pressure better than other and am curious what the differences could be.

Gen 4.1 cars have a different pump as well so I'd like to see what they hit.

AJP turbo

So I'm looking at an older log of mine. At about 200kpa or 15 psi during a 3rd gear sweep from 2k to redline I am commanding between 80-90 psi and actual low pressure fuel matches that. Fomo, I don't think you are getting 110 psi because you are commanding that but rather because when you are WOT and then lift, the throttle closes and there is no longer a high demand for fuel and the system dead heads. No where for the pressure to go and it spikes.....My log show low pressure fuel at about 108 when I lift at the end of the WOT

Also on WOT upshifts, right at the shift when the RPM's are falling it looks like there will be a brief pressure spike in the low fuel pressure...Must be because the HPFP is not eating the incoming fuel from the low pressure lines because engine RPM's are falling
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress