• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Sync issues

Started by anthonylee337, February 26, 2016, 08:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthonylee337

Out of the blue my sync system with my phone has trouble connecting. I installed a new update on a flash drive but having trouble installing it to my computer. Has anyone had this issue? Ford sync systems is a piece of crap this seems to happen every year!
2013 SHO tuxedo black ppkg LMS stage 4 K+N

FoMoCoSHO

Delete the phone and re-pair

anthonylee337

Tried that and same result

AJP turbo

Im just going to call the system suck and not sync...its slower than my old commodore 64 computer from the 80's...i dont know how that stuff makes it through R & D without someone saying damn this thing is crap
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

ZSHO

Did you try removing the ground on the battery terminal for 1 minute and that will cause the APIM to reboot(bring up the Sync maintenance screen)that hopefully should correct the issues your having,BTW it sounds like its that Pesky iphone 6s correct?  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

I think this video should also help you on the whole install procedure.  Z           https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poOq192Tl9Y   [If the issues still persist after a successful download just follow the above mentioned instructions].  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

Quote from: ajpturbo on February 26, 2016, 08:30:57 PM
Im just going to call the system suck and not sync...its slower than my old commodore 64 computer from the 80's...i dont know how that stuff makes it through R & D without someone saying damn this thing is crap
Mine has an upgraded IPC & ABD along with the newest sync update combined with the A-7 card which makes it faster and better,no complaints here,maybe you did not install the update correctly.lol.  Z

AJP turbo

Quote from: ZSHO on February 26, 2016, 10:33:07 PM
Quote from: ajpturbo on February 26, 2016, 08:30:57 PM
Mine has an upgraded IPC & ABD along with the newest sync update combined with the A-7 card which makes it faster and better,no complaints here,maybe you did not install the update correctly.lol.  Z

You have an upgraded instrument panel cluster?..and what is abd?...i have a pretty recent update and an A6 map....i bet if i update it still sucks....i dont think an update will change anything...i think its the processing power of the unit that is slow

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

SHOdded

Follow in Z's footsteps and find out :)  From input to output, there are many steps and potential bottlenecks.  Could be hardware, software, or a combination.  If they fixed a memory leak, or upgraded the nav card, that would increase apparent speed to the enduser.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

I would simply start off by checking to see which software version you currently have by going under settings and system information and look at the last five digits of the CCPU S/W Version on your screen,if the last five digits are 10212,10308,12058 your vehicle requires a software update from your local friendly dealer unfortunately,mine was updated last year at the dealer with IDS software and updated the APIM,so essentially with everything mentioned along with new software updated and new A7 card it has been working flawlessly to this date,follow this link to see if you vehicle needs a dealer visit.  Z      http://ford.navigation.com/static/WFS/Shop-Site/FordNA/Shop-FordNA/en_US/Documents/Ford%20SyncGen2%20Determine%20your%20SW%20version%20REV%2012-17-15.pdf

AJP turbo

Yeah i have an update to do...but ive updated the system before...its just slow as s***...the update wont change the lag from when u push the buttons and how long screen changes take place...mine works flawlessly too....i just think we have different standards ....i just want it to work as well as the electronics in my kia and honda

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

FoMoCoSHO

After all the updating is finished, MFT will be half as capable as my 200.00 tablet.

MFT is garbage, Ford knows it which is why they dumped it and went with QNX.

SHOdded

Be that as it may, in the absence of an upgrade path to QNX, the question remains whether the latest MFT iteration is truly the best iteration to date.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

anthonylee337

Quote from: ZSHO on February 26, 2016, 09:15:31 PM
Did you try removing the ground on the battery terminal for 1 minute and that will cause the APIM to reboot(bring up the Sync maintenance screen)that hopefully should correct the issues your having,BTW it sounds like its that Pesky iphone 6s correct?  Z
yes that damn 6s-how did you know? Lol