• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

400 HP MKZ build & Price

Started by Brucelinc, February 24, 2016, 09:18:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brucelinc

Not called ecoboost or SHO but here could be a very interesting alternative.   Add lots of options and it gets spendy but if options are chosen carefully, there is value here.

http://bp3.lincoln.com/2017-Lincoln-MKZBase?branding=2#/Style/

jtoddk98

Fully loaded is about $56k. Base price of the AWD ecoboost is $42k and change. It's a Lincoln so you could probably pick one up for half price  a year down the road lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2011 Taurus SHO Performance Package. EBC Stage 4 Brakes. Blacked out chrome. #130 of 602 in Ingot Silver

EcoPowerParts

Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

wasinger3000

I like it. I'm most interested in the 3.0 but it's nice to see more package options offered. Not just the one and done like before.

Sent using smoke signals.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

Brucelinc

When I bought my MKS in late 2009, the sticker was around $52,000.   If I equip a 2017 MKZ with everything I would want, it comes to about $55,000.  That price gives me things that my MKS does NOT have - BLIS, Active Park assist, active motion seats, adjustable suspension, an even higher end audio system and a few other things.   

Scott4957

I have a 2013 MKS Ecoboost with all those options and then some. Every option you could get on the highest package and all the options that were sold outside the package. Sticker was 58k and I bought it with 20k on the dial for less than half the sticker. I look forward to doing the same with the 400hp MKZ in the future LOL.

BTW I started looking for a SHO, I couldn't find one the same age and miles for less than the MKS, in fact they were several thousand more regardless of options. There were two other MKS's with nearly the same miles and the same year, they were both less than comparable SHO's.
2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost, AJP Tuned

Brucelinc

Yes, Scott, your approach makes total financial sense.  I am just too dang fussy to buy used anymore.  I don't even buy new cars off the lot.  I special order.  I do drive them for several years and always get top dollar when I sell because my cars look and run like new.   Having said that, my cost per mile is obviously higher than if I followed your approach.

For my wife, however, I do follow your method!  We got her a 2014 Taurus when it was about a year old and had around 15,000 miles on it.  Fortunately, I am not quite as fussy with her car as I am mine!

jtoddk98

Id pay close attention to how the values hold up over the next year or two after it hits dealer lots. In that price range, many buyers want a high end badge on the hood. Like BMW, Audi, Merc, etc. even if the Lincoln is a better car, I can see many people going with the Germans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2011 Taurus SHO Performance Package. EBC Stage 4 Brakes. Blacked out chrome. #130 of 602 in Ingot Silver

Scott4957

Nothing wrong with that Bruce! I am actually very particular as well, this car was extremely clean and an exceptionally good price. So much so that I called in the NSA so dig into its background. Unfortunately they could not crack the previous owners iPhone so I had to rely on Lincoln to tell me it was good to go. If I had the money I would special order more than just my cars! hahaha Anyways, pick one up and then sell it to me with 10-20k on the dial ;)

Scott
2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost, AJP Tuned