• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Dealer updated against instructions

Started by vernonator, February 23, 2016, 09:17:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vernonator

Took the SHO to the dealer and specifically told them not to do the Power Steering update (yeah stupid me did NOT return to stock). Well they did - now when I attach my X3 to the car it cannot do anything. Tried to simply read the Strategy and I get nothing back. What do I need to do - is this something Livernois or SCT has to fix?

Thanks Guys

Mark
2012 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP. Livernois Stage 4+, PPE Catless DP's, EBC Stage 4 Front/Rear Brakes
2015 Tuxedo Black Explorer Sport 401A, no mods....YET :)

SHOdded

SHO's running fine otherwise?  Strange no strategy code comes back.  Try pulling the battery neg cable for 30 min or more, reconnect, then check again.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

vernonator

Quote from: SHOdded on February 23, 2016, 09:24:23 AM
SHO's running fine otherwise?  Strange no strategy code comes back.  Try pulling the battery neg cable for 30 min or more, reconnect, then check again.

Running fine - throwing a CEL. I am running non-cat PPE Downpipes and the Livernois 4+ tune, so this is most likely why the CEL. Need to refresh the tune. But will try the battery disconnect
2012 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP. Livernois Stage 4+, PPE Catless DP's, EBC Stage 4 Front/Rear Brakes

BlueSHO

Damn hope you get it figured out. Lesson learned here guys anytime you take your cars into the dealer return them to stock. Just like this instance you never know what they will do..

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

ZSHO

Did you try going into Engineering mode via instrument cluster and there you wiil find your S/W ,there is a cel because there is no tune loaded to eliminate the rear 02's.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

I wonder if throwing a CEL also prevents one from flashing a tune?  Doesn't sound like you have a 3bar MAP related issue (car wouldn't run right), just with the rear O2s having been turned off for the downpipes.  No way to even pull codes with an OBD reader?  Probably P0420 or something related?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

I have the my Cal and it will not let me gain access to the [Programmer]unless the DTC'S are cleared first,SHOdded brought up a very good point. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

vernonator

So I think you guys were on to something. Went out over lunch and cleared the DTC's, restarted the tune process and viola - it took it and all is good.

Yes it was getting the CEL due to the O2 sensors - live and learn. Made a note on the instructions that I keep with the tuner. I do this so infrequently that I forget the process.

Thanks for all your comments guys. Between the new lower tie-rod ends and the tune back in the SHO is as good as ever :)

ZSHO

Versonator glad to hear things worked out in your favor for the most part,enjoy.  Z

SHOdded

We aim to please :)  Glad all is well once more!

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: ZSHO on February 23, 2016, 11:22:18 AM
Did you try going into Engineering mode via instrument cluster and there you wiil find your S/W ,there is a cel because there is no tune loaded to eliminate the rear 02's.  Z
I forget how to do that, would you mind refreshing my memory?

ZSHO

Its a fairly simple process,with the vehicle off press the push button start once and while in accessory mode hold the OK button on the left side of the steering wheel for five seconds,while holding the ok button press the push button start again which is ignition mode,at this point you will be in engineering mode and the speedometer will perform a sweep test,then just use the up/down buttons on the left side of the steering wheel to navigate you through the options,also the build date,battery voltage and more can be obtained in this mode.  Z

FoMoCoSHO

vernonator

Quote from: ZSHO on February 28, 2016, 03:26:00 PM
Its a fairly simple process,with the vehicle off press the push button start once and while in accessory mode hold the OK button on the left side of the steering wheel for five seconds,while holding the ok button press the push button start again which is ignition mode,at this point you will be in engineering mode and the speedometer will perform a sweep test,then just use the up/down buttons on the left side of the steering wheel to navigate you through the options,also the build date,battery voltage and more can be obtained in this mode.  Z

Remember this is on on '13+ cars, mine is a '12 so no joy there.

But no worries - cleared the CEL and it up dated like a champ.