• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

new beater daily driver :)

Started by DakotaSHO, February 15, 2016, 10:33:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DakotaSHO

Since I was alarmed at how many miles I put on my SHO in my 1st year of ownership, figured I'd better pick something cheap up to drive back and forth to work everyday to give the SHO a break...without further ado..

94 Z/28 w/6speed...already has an offroad y pipe, and some mystery muffler. Not too much planned for it, need to get a slight exhaust rattle fixed (from what I can see, just a broken hanger) and it's idling too high (1200-1300rpms) so I probably need to take off the IAC and check that, maybe look for a vac leak.
2011 SHO- Roush cai
2011 Ford Mustang GT - Boss im, Kooks LT's, Circle D 4C converter, JLT cai ~ 11.7@117mph
SOLD - 2011 Ford Taurus SHO (non pp)
LMS catless downpipes, windstorm cai, 160 Tstat, SP534 Plugs,3 bar, LMS 4+ tune, rear muffler delete
Best et: 13.09@105mph on LMS 93 4x tune

SHOdded

Sure, you NEEDED to pick a Z28 as a beater LOL.  It's 22+ years old, so any hose is suspect where leakage is concerned.  No cats, so maybe the hanger or heat shield is "talking".  Hopefully it is an easy to find hose or a throttle adjustment or something with the idle.  Nice looker for sure.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

DakotaSHO

hahaha...ok ok so I didn't NEED to pick up a Z/28 as a dd beater...but hey, life's too short to drive something boring right?!  The SHO is fun and all, but I missed driving a rwd V8 with a stick. It was definitely cheap enough and I'm familiar with the platform since I had a Lt1 6 speed Camaro previously that kinda grew on me but I had to sell it off when I became a 24/7/365 full time single dad of 2.

Stoked the weather will be warming up here in SD later on this week (50 degrees!) so I can really wring it out..roads were pretty shitty when I had to test drive it this weekend when buying it.
2011 SHO- Roush cai
2011 Ford Mustang GT - Boss im, Kooks LT's, Circle D 4C converter, JLT cai ~ 11.7@117mph
LMS catless downpipes, windstorm cai, 160 Tstat, SP534 Plugs,3 bar, LMS 4+ tune, rear muffler delete

irondoor19

I like the "Beater Daily Driver" Idea,   So to join the club:
2009 9C1 Impala, from a Chicago Dealer (that specializes in these) "FWD"
Cheap, Cheap, Cheap, Delivered to your Door, 28 MPG @ 85 to 90 MPH, and
a simple device for avoiding tickets or getting Pulled over,  (do not think i'm a
cop, but i like Cops), have had Crown Vicks "Forever" but they are junk in the
Snow and not much better in the Rain...have Had it up to 120, A bit Light thou,
19 to 20 MPG Around Town, 3.8 V6, Try and Use it all the Time in nasty weather,
Tint and 2 Antennas, Almost Everyone gets out of your Way on the highway.... ;D

Also Picks of the 2005 CV that my tech Totaled (in the rain) going to get an oil Change..
No he was not injured, and no I was not pissed, as insurance gave me 1K more than i paid

Ok: live in Columbus OH, Had to go back Down to a job in Cary NC (My Bad, a freebee)
Left Cols @ 6.00 AM Arrived @ job Site, In the Plant wrenching on a Quick Repair @ 12:30,
Lunch, Togo Lunch, 3 Gas stops (both Ways), Was at my Shop Unloaded and out of there by 8.00 PM, Plus i can not see in the dark,  So first 1.5 Hrs and Last were at less than Full Throttle... 970 Miles Round Trip, 71 Plus MPH average, 27.7 MPG...
O yea Cost: 6K Delivered to my Door from chicago
BUT i would not want to do it again..... HA
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

Courier6

After finding out what absolute junk 10k would get in the used car market here in middle Tennessee I added 4K and sprung for a brand new 14 Fiesta to drive back and forth to work almost 2 years ago.

It's got 25K miles on it now and my 13 SHO has 8,500. I sure do miss the remote start, heated seats and steering wheel on the coldest winter days though.
2013 Tri-White PP, PPE downpipes, Corsa, Air Raid CAI, H&R Springs, 170 deg thermo, Livernois Dyno Tune 365 AWHP 407 AWTQ. Best 1/4 mile 12.580

DakotaSHO

I dig the 9C Impala, I don't doubt you can fly around town and not have to worry about getting pulled over in that thing haha! And while a Fiesta would undoubtedly be like a lil go kart to drive, I want something cheap that I was comfortable and familiar working on.
2011 SHO- Roush cai