• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Corsa Exhaust for 2010-2014 Taurus SHO possibly for sale...

Started by 14SHOCAR, February 09, 2016, 09:20:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

14SHOCAR

Hello Everyone -- I am curious if anyone local to the Milwaukee market is looking for a used Corsa cat-back exhaust. I am going to install the factory exhaust back on the car again. The current exhaust has one weld at each connection to keep the exhaust in place. These would either have to be lightly grinded  off or we can agree on a shop where I can take off the exhaust and put it directly on your car. Not sure how to run this transaction yet, so I'm looking for help on 1. Fair Price for Exhaust and 2. Best way to do the transaction.

All thoughts and opinions would be appreciated.
18 Volvo S90 Inscription - 2.0T Twin Charged - Polestar Tuned.
17 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T GTDI -To Tune, or Not To Tune -- THAT is the question.
15 Road Glide Special - CFR Exhaust, Powder Coated everything, DirtyAir Air ride
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)
LMS 93 V8 3Bar Tune, K&N Intake, LMS 160 t-stat, LMS pre-gapped plugs, Corsa Exhaust

CroR1

your best option will be just to take it off and sell it as someone might be able to install it themselves.

14SHOCAR

Quote from: CroR1 on February 09, 2016, 10:07:06 AM
your best option will be just to take it off and sell it as someone might be able to install it themselves.

Good Suggestion.
15 Road Glide Special - CFR Exhaust, Powder Coated everything, DirtyAir Air ride
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)
LMS 93 V8 3Bar Tune, K&N Intake, LMS 160 t-stat, LMS pre-gapped plugs, Corsa Exhaust

ZSHO

It sounds to me that you had them welded at the locations pictured below correct? if so it does not make sense to have them shipped due to the size and it weighing roughly 100lbs and you certainly do not want to cut anything which could affect the value of the item,personally would try to do a local sale,as far as pricing goes the Corsa is roughly 1350.00 new and based on the condition of yours and honestly a fair market value would be around 700.00 p/up locally IMO and GLWS.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

CroR1

100 lbs it weighs, wow, heavy. How much more does the factory exhaust weight, from cats back, do you know Z?

ZSHO

Quote from: CroR1 on February 09, 2016, 11:25:16 AM
100 lbs it weighs, wow, heavy. How much more does the factory exhaust weight, from cats back, do you know Z?
The best of my knowledge the OEM Exhaust is 5 lbs heavier,dont know the exact figure,on the other hand DP are relatively much lighter at roughly 40 lbs.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

|UPDATE|The OEM Cat back exhaust weighs just under 100 lbs and the Corsa cat back is roughly 5 lbs lighter than the oem.  Z

CroR1

yes, catalytic converters are heavy indeed compared to aftermarket.

14SHOCAR

Thanks for the post. I agree $700.00 would be a fair price. The welds are at those junction points, which I didn't want to ruin the integrity of the exhaust by chopping those welds. I'm still thinking on selling it, though I wonder how much interest there would be locally. Ohhhhh the decisions.
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)

Frozen Blue

Quote from: 14SHOCAR on February 09, 2016, 02:15:01 PM
Thanks for the post. I agree $700.00 would be a fair price. The welds are at those junction points, which I didn't want to ruin the integrity of the exhaust by chopping those welds. I'm still thinking on selling it, though I wonder how much interest there would be locally. Ohhhhh the decisions.

Shoot, just looked and you're 4.5hrs away. It'd take a really great deal to get me to drive that far, lol. Good luck man. Hopefully you can find someone local. Shipping exhaust sucks.
2013 SHO non-pp
3 bar Map, 160° tstat
Powerstop Z23 rotors/pads
LMS v10

AJP turbo

SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

Sabtaj1

Quote from: ajpturbo on February 09, 2016, 05:38:58 PM
Why are you selling?..i thought u liked the corsa

He said he liked it but was considering some sweet cherry bomb set up directly off the turbos and dumping just before the front wheels.  Sounds like a wicked awesome set up. LOL
13 Eco flex.

Stainless works non cat DP/ MRT axle back/ Airaid cai/ 170 T-stat/ 3 bar map/ 1 step colder plugs/ snow stage 3/ hot pipes w/TIAL BOV/ torrie tuned-SCT/

glock-coma

Quote from: Sabtaj1 on February 10, 2016, 12:55:13 AM
Quote from: ajpturbo on February 09, 2016, 05:38:58 PM
Why are you selling?..i thought u liked the corsa

He said he liked it but was considering some sweet cherry bomb set up directly off the turbos and dumping just before the front wheels.  Sounds like a wicked awesome set up. LOL
I did something like this with a borla tube muffler on my 97 SHO with the V8.
It sounded like a nascar when you blipped the throttle.
I got lots of compliments but it was waaaay to loud for daily use.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

scoles92

i wouldn't mind the drive but don't have the money at the moment
2011 ford Taurus SHO PP  unleashed tunes, 3 bar, plugs,K&N intake, stage 3 water meth.

AJP turbo

Quote from: scoles92 on February 10, 2016, 12:37:41 PM
i wouldn't mind the drive but don't have the money at the moment

Then why are you posting? Window shoppers are the worst
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress