• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Intake?

Started by #448AA, February 03, 2016, 04:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

#448AA

I'm looking for an intake setup for my 14' SHO.

Anyone know a good place to get one for cheap?

14SHOCAR

Quote from: #448AA on February 03, 2016, 04:50:53 PM

What's cheap isn't good. What's good isn't cheap. If I were you, I'd find an intake you like, then check out the for sale section of this forum. I'd also check out ebay. Cheap + good usually means used.

There are people who do "drop in K&N filters" that find it doesn't effect their track times. If you are looking for a whoosh sound, you have to go after market or do Vent to Atmosphere.

Here is a video of my K&N setup:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHYvOFn6aUs
18 Volvo S90 Inscription - 2.0T Twin Charged - Polestar Tuned.
17 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T GTDI -To Tune, or Not To Tune -- THAT is the question.
15 Road Glide Special - CFR Exhaust, Powder Coated everything, DirtyAir Air ride
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)
LMS 93 V8 3Bar Tune, K&N Intake, LMS 160 t-stat, LMS pre-gapped plugs, Corsa Exhaust

AJP turbo

If i would do it over i may just drop in a k and n and call it a day
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

SHOdded

Don't do just an intake.  Do the whole shebang:  intake, downpipes, catback, etc.  If you want power.  For looks or sound, you certainly have options.  As amply stated before, the simplest and most effective intake-only mod is the dropin K&N.  The rest depends on your needs, style, and budget.

Currently these are the vendors that offer intakes for the SHO:  K&N, Airaid, LME, MDesign.

A mod that does seem to help at the track is a "cold air" tube from the snorkel down to the front "fog" light area.  bamsho & brucelinc have made this work.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

#448AA

thanks for the replies guys, maybe I should have stated...

I am simply doing the open air intake for sound and looks.

I'm not really going to mod the car much due to my bumper to bumper warranty that I do not want to risk voiding.

I found some intakes on stage3motorsports.com but they can't confirm if they work for a 2014-15, they only can confirm their intakes work on the 2013 models.

peppelepugh

I've got an AirAid kit sitting in my closet collecting dust if you're in the market for one! I'm pretty sure they all fit 2010-2015.
2011 Kona Blue SHO non-PP: MDesign Carbon Fiber CAI, All interior lights LEDs, LED Puddles, and LED Reverse.

EBC Stage 4 Brake kit, 170* T-stat, 3-Bar MAP, NGK Plugs, PPE Catless-DPs and Tune by Torrie!

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: #448AA on February 03, 2016, 10:52:09 PM
thanks for the replies guys, maybe I should have stated...

I am simply doing the open air intake for sound and looks.

I'm not really going to mod the car much due to my bumper to bumper warranty that I do not want to risk voiding.

I found some intakes on stage3motorsports.com but they can't confirm if they work for a 2014-15, they only can confirm their intakes work on the 2013 models.
I bought my K&N for my 2013 and it worked fine on the 2015.

It's sitting in my garage as I'm running OEM with drop in.

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: #448AA on February 03, 2016, 04:50:53 PM

We offer an excellent solution for your vehicle that has been dyno proven and track tested to gain as much if not more flow than any other comparable intake on the market today.  Featured on most all of our record setting EcoBoost vehicles on the planet to this date.  The Livernois Motorsports Windstorm line of cold air induction systems are vehicle specific, no tune required, and guaranteed to fit all Taurus SHO and Lincoln MKS models on the road today.  We also include the dry flow synthetic filter media standard with all of our systems which most all other companies charge another $30-50+ premium upgrade, still at a lower price than most all of the competitors comparable oiled filter systems.  This means the filter is still cleanable and re-usable with no special treatments or oils needed after cleaning.  We also offer our own Windstorm line of dry flow synthetic filter cleaner as well to help simplify the process further. 

The Windstorm CAI represents the ultimate no tune required Cold Air Induction systems. This Windstorm Intake start with a new one piece roto-molded air box that addresses all the shortcomings of the restrictive factory design. Then Windstorm adds a new air intake tube constructed of cross-linked, high-density polyethylene that is designed using extensive computer modeling to maintain proper mass air flow readings and calibration. This system also has a built-in velocity stack, which further promotes airflow. What this all means is a simple-to-install system that was designed using extremely sophisticated technology to increase airflow while maintaining proper air/fuel ratios, therefore eliminating the need for re-calibration once installation is complete. Just bolt it on and go!

Click here http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/cold-air for more information on our Windstorm line of cold air induction systems and to place your orders today!