• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Slow and steady

Started by 16xsport, January 31, 2016, 08:00:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

16xsport

Just posting up to reserve the thread for my build. I will slowly over time be adding things to my Xsport as I get some cash to burn, hence the title. I am looking to get a good suspension, wheels, intake, downpipes, water/meth, maybe toy with some interior stuff, livernois tune and some other exterior goodies. I have built plenty of cars in the past and had a wide range of experience from VW/Audi to Supras and 240z's. I am looking forward to meeting some people in the tampa area and get involved in the ecoboost community!

Starting my build tomorrow 2-1-16 by throwing some Quicktime performance electric cutouts on to the Xsport. Utilizing some Magnaflow slip-fit pipes and 2 2.25-2.5 QTP cutouts. Pictures to follow!

Already installed are some Laminx gunsmoke covers for the headlights and fogs, and a JL W7 10" subwoofer with a Rockford T-1000bd amp.
2016 xsport - VTA, Quicktime Performance Cutouts, 3Bar MAP, Livernois Tune, 180 deg Thermostat, K&N filter, Lamin-x headlight and fog covers, JL 10W7, Rockford T-1000bd

To-do... Everything? is that an answer?

SHOdded

I like the sound of these "things to come" :thumb:
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

16xsport

Got the cutouts installed(after a trip to autozone...) Not bad but I definitely do need to add in some downpipes to make it flow a little better, the sound is there at low RPM but once it opens up, the exhaust rushing out overtakes the sound. Just something to work on in the future! I took out the middle cat to put the "Y" pipes in, Unfortunately the Magnaflow slip-fit pipes were about 2 inches too short so I picked up some extensions to make it work unit I can get to a welder to add in some more pipe. The cutouts went on with no problem, just a couple adjustments to the alignment so the butterflies would open up and close properly. All of the wiring was routed up the firewall and taken in through the hole for the hood latch. All in all it took me about 4 hours with having to change my grinder due to an issue and then having to make the trip to the store.

That spool though...
2016 xsport - VTA, Quicktime Performance Cutouts, 3Bar MAP, Livernois Tune, 180 deg Thermostat, K&N filter, Lamin-x headlight and fog covers, JL 10W7, Rockford T-1000bd

SHOdded

Sound clip ... video clip ... up next :D
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

16xsport

soon.... Want to get everything right before I get a video... should be this weekend!

AJP turbo

Quote from: 16xsport on February 03, 2016, 10:32:26 PM
soon.... Want to get everything right before I get a video... should be this weekend!

Nobody cares if its "right" i just want to hear how crappy that ecoboost sounds wide open lol
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

wasinger3000

Quote from: ajpturbo on February 03, 2016, 10:59:20 PM

Nobody cares if its "right" i just want to hear how crappy that ecoboost sounds wide open lol

Possibly something like a mad goat with laryngitis screaming for its life.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

16xsport

Quote from: wasinger3000 on February 04, 2016, 12:17:57 AM
Quote from: ajpturbo on February 03, 2016, 10:59:20 PM

Possibly something like a mad goat with laryngitis screaming for its life.

Nailed it...

FoMoCoSHO

16xsport

Update for those here: Got my LMS tuner and have been working through some issues. Once everything is running smooth, I will get some more pics and videos up.