• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Add a fuse

Started by Scott4957, January 30, 2016, 10:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott4957

I'm using an "add a fuse" to pull 12v from the fusebox. It needs a bit of room, does anyone know if the 5 amp fuse for the rain sensor is 12v and turns off with the ignition?

Thanks!

2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost, AJP Tuned

SHO Rod

The 5A fuse F45 for the rain sensor module is controlled by a Run/ACC relay inside the Body Control Module (BCM).  So it will only have power then the key is in the Run or ACC positions when the BCM activates the relay.  Considering though that the same power wire to the rain sensor module also goes to the coil of the Wiper Relay in the Battery Junction Box, I suspect the Run/ACC relay is only active when the wipers are powered.

-Rod

Scott4957

Crap. Well, thank you for saving me the time with the multi meter and trying to figure out when it is on. You have to be a Fukin midget to get in there. I know others have used the add a fuse before but I'm not sure which spot they are using.

Thanks,
Scott

SHO Rod

What are you looking to power?  How much current do you need, and are you wanting something that is only active with the ignition on?  Are you open to tapping in to an existing wire (versus running a new wire from the add-a-circuit?

-Rod

Scott4957

Radar detector. I already used the 7.5 amp fuse for the passenger detection.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

SHO Rod

Is the radar detector going to be installed on the windshield or just sit on top of the dash?  If on the windshield would you be comfortable tapping in to the wiring for the overhead console?  There's some switched power up there....

-Rod

Scott4957

Quote from: SHO Rod on January 31, 2016, 04:56:51 PM
Is the radar detector going to be installed on the windshield or just sit on top of the dash?  If on the windshield would you be comfortable tapping in to the wiring for the overhead console?  There's some switched power up there....

-Rod
It's mirror mount, I will post the details with pics. Believe it or not this was much easier than getting the overhead console apart in the MKS.

ZSHO

I'm not sure if your familiar with this link but it certainly is useful in many aspects,hope it helps any.  Z                                                                     http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=131604

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Scott4957

Quote from: ZSHO on February 01, 2016, 11:20:39 AM
I'm not sure if your familiar with this link but it certainly is useful in many aspects,hope it helps any.  Z                                                                     http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=131604
Awesome, thanks! This MKS is tighter than a.....well anyways its hard to get into anything. This will help with future projects for sure.