• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Meth install

Started by 10bird, January 28, 2016, 11:58:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

10bird

Is $700 too high for installation?  I finally found a place that will do it but that seems quite a bit for something he says will take a full day to install.

bpd1151

Although it's been several years since I did the install, with help from my very good mechanic friend.....

It took us about 10 hrs total IIRC. But a good chunk of that time, involved us going slowly & me documenting each step of the process in order for me to author a detailed "How-To" install tutorial.

If your shop hasn't performed this install before, or not on this platform, I would say 8-10hrs is on the upper end(s) of the install range.

Factor in your shops per labor hours charged, & I think you're within reason on that quote.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

DakotaSHO

I just got a quote from a local speed shop close to me for $900 for a meth kit install..so I'd say you're quote seems in line.
2011 SHO- Roush cai
2011 Ford Mustang GT - Boss im, Kooks LT's, Circle D 4C converter, JLT cai ~ 11.7@117mph
SOLD - 2011 Ford Taurus SHO (non pp)
LMS catless downpipes, windstorm cai, 160 Tstat, SP534 Plugs,3 bar, LMS 4+ tune, rear muffler delete
Best et: 13.09@105mph on LMS 93 4x tune

SAYGBYE

that's why I do my own wrenching.

don't know where you live but if youre anywhere near Memphis, TN id be glad to help you install it. just putting it out there.

TimmyATL

I also do all my own wrenching. Its my profession. And if I had to do it again I would charge nothing less thank $900-$1000 to install a kit. With the kit I installed to have the wiring look factory with proper soldering of all connections and mounting the module and relay box for easy access as well as the remote gain box in the center console. It took me 13hrs. 
13 SHO PP, Airaid intake, 170 T-stat, 3bar map sensor, Ecopower Parts hot side pipes, Turbosmart 7lb wastegate actuators, Stainless Works catted downpipes, Corsa cat back exhaust with Loudvalves exhaust dumps, Alky Control Meth Injection, LMS Dyno Meth tune. TSW Nurburgring  with NItto NTO5

JDW1

Reading these post may have just changed my mind about a future meth kit install..
13 SHO, Unleashed 3bar Tune, 1 step cooler NGK's, MDesign CAI, 170 t-stat and meth.

BiGMaC

Quote from: JDW1 on January 29, 2016, 10:47:57 AM
Reading these post may have just changed my mind about a future meth kit install..
Naw... After a tune it's the performance bang for the buck. A quick 60-70AWHP, plus keeping intake valves and TB cleaner... I'm only waiting until I drive out of the warranty!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

JDW1

Yea, i know it's essential to get you in the big power club.  Winter time line pressure drops under high load with stock fueling system on a tune as is.  The meth keeps valves clean, adds big power and keeps the charge super cool even in the dead of summer.  Maybe one day, that's a heck of a long install tho. 
13 SHO, Unleashed 3bar Tune, 1 step cooler NGK's, MDesign CAI, 170 t-stat and meth.

Vortech347

$700-900 to install a meth kit?  I'm in the wrong industry!
Matt H.
2013 SHO Performance Pack, Daily, AJPTurbo tuned
2003 SVT Cobra 497rwhp/491rwtq, Self tuned, Cruiser
1990 Mustang GT 570rwhp/530twtq, Self tuned, Open Track
2017 F150 XLT 5.0

TimmyATL

This is one of those installs that you get what you pay for. If you don't care about how the wires/lines/ are run, or that  the connections are made with scotch locks and butt connectors. I am sure you could get done cheaper. Just saying
13 SHO PP, Airaid intake, 170 T-stat, 3bar map sensor, Ecopower Parts hot side pipes, Turbosmart 7lb wastegate actuators, Stainless Works catted downpipes, Corsa cat back exhaust with Loudvalves exhaust dumps, Alky Control Meth Injection, LMS Dyno Meth tune. TSW Nurburgring  with NItto NTO5

10bird

I would like to say thanks for all the information, especially the offer to help install it.  Sadly too far away.