• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Vibration in Pedal

Started by Justme2011, January 28, 2016, 09:57:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justme2011

I have a 2012 PP SHO.  Had it for a few months and have noticed a slight vibration felt through the gas pedal when I initially pull out of the driveway.  After 100ft or so it always goes away. 
Any thoughts on what this could be?  Thx.

Jason

SHOdded

Could just be cold weather stuff.  Do you wait for the engine to warm up before pulling out of the driveway?

How many miles do you have on the SHO?  May be time to change spark plugs.  May also have a little carbon buildup.  Check the intake piping and intercooler for oily crud buildup.

Is your SHO tuned?  Are you running the correct octane fuel?  Should be from a high-turnover station, and preferably top tier.

As much information as you can fill us in on the SHO will help us help you :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BiGMaC

Maybe just a worn bushing or loose nut... I don't believe the throttle has a mechanical link to the engine compartment.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

Justme2011

It's completely stock with 45k miles.  I usually let it ideal for a couple minutes before driving and my weather has been pretty erratic between warm and cold.  With gas, she only gets 91 from Shell.
I don't believe it's anything in the powertrain because once it stops after that 100ft it won't happen again until the car sits and has time to get cold again.  I think if it were powertrain it would come back in the same session of driving.  Im think it's something vibrating that is close to the pedal.  I'm think something with the brakes or bearings.
I know enough to be dangerous but curious if anyone else had this and how they fixed it so I'm not just wrenching all weekend. 

Jason

SHOdded

Brakes do build up a bit of rust when the car sits overnight, but usually that gets scraped off pretty quickly at the first application and tends to cause noise more so than vibrations.  Warped rotors would be more of a continous thing.  Maybe the pistons are sticking a bit at first, but once they start moving they are OK?  Check the slide pins, grease them as needed.

If the brakes are original to the car though, might very well be time to replace pads & rotors (aftermarket would be a great idea).  Check fluid also to see if it needs to be flushed.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Justme2011

Yup, that's something I'll try

Jason

66 Galaxie

Only for about the first 100ft, that's a strange one.

The next time that you have the right conditions drive with your Windows open when this vibration should be happening and if it is your brakes you should hear something rubbing.

The car is drive by wire so there is no mechanical connection to any moving or vibrating engine parts.
'14 Flex Tuxedo Black ecoboost

Larrylu

Slight flat spots on cold tires?

2010 Stl Bl Met, Loaded, non PP, LMS 4+X, K&N drop in, 170 T-stat, 3 bar MAP, SP534
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro