• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Lost performance

Started by brooklynsho, January 13, 2016, 06:20:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brooklynsho

Hi Torrie havent raced or used my 2011 sho since the summer due to illness drove the car last night seems to have lost power & performance  my question is can it loose the tune or part of it from non use ? Do i have to re install the last update from you ? Thanks for your help Tom G (brooklyn sho)
2011 white  fastlane turbo cai ppe catted down pipes magnaflow cat back,unleashes 3 bar tune 170 t stat  ngk plugs irange colder  2013 booster& master cylinder upgrade

SHOdded

While waiting for Torrie's response, I will say that I hope you are 100% recovered now, Tom.  Also that fuel sitting around in the tank for an extended period of time can build up moisture and cause performance issues.  You might want to run either a) fuel injection cleaner like Techron or BG 44K, or b) a drier product like HEET through the gas tank to get it cleaned up.

Any vermin in your area?  Check to make sure none of them have made a home in the engine bay, eating away at tubes & hoses or nesting in there.

I'd also consider disconnecting the battery neg cable for 30 min, letting the PCM re-learn.  Or could go through the KAM reset procedure.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

These cars are like Diesels they like to be driven,it sounds like you abandoned her with less than a quarter tank of gas,like SHOdded mentioned above throw a bottle or two of Heet,preferably the yellow bottle which contains methanol,hope all is well.  Z         http://www.goldeagle.com/brands/heet     

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

66 Galaxie

Sorry to hear you weren't driving for a while and hope you are back to 100%.

Most likely just bad/old gas. Throw in some cleaner as suggested above, fill it up with super unleaded and drive it around. I would expect you to notice a difference within a hundred miles or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
'14 Flex Tuxedo Black ecoboost

tmcphail

Quote from: brooklynsho on January 13, 2016, 06:20:42 AM
Hi Torrie havent raced or used my 2011 sho since the summer due to illness drove the car last night seems to have lost power & performance  my question is can it loose the tune or part of it from non use ? Do i have to re install the last update from you ? Thanks for your help Tom G (brooklyn sho)

No, the calibration only changes when and if you or someone else changes it.
Take care,
Mr. Torrie R. McPhail - Owner
Unleashed Tuning Ford/GM/DCX SCT Custom Calibrator
EcuTek Nissan R35 GTR Custom Tuner
HPTuners Custom Tuner / Dealer

J-Will

If you really think it lost power, and it sounds like it would be mechanical in nature vs tune... I'd recommend immediately reverting back to stock tune.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

brooklynsho

link=topic=5706.msg90119#msg90119 date=1452685707]
While waiting for Torrie's response, I will say that I hope you are 100% recovered now, Tom.  Also that fuel sitting around in the tank for an extended period of time can build up moisture and cause performance issues.  You might want to run either a) fuel injection cleaner like Techron or BG 44K, or b) a drier product like HEET through the gas tank to get it cleaned up.

Any vermin in your area?  Check to make sure none of them have made a home in the engine bay, eating away at tubes & hoses or nesting in there.

I'd also consider disconnecting the battery neg cable for 30 min, letting the PCM re-learn.  Or could go through the KAM reset procedure.
[/quote]  thanks for the well wishes  been battleing PC PAST 18 MONTHS THANKS AGAIN
2011 white  fastlane turbo cai ppe catted down pipes magnaflow cat back,unleashes 3 bar tune 170 t stat  ngk plugs irange colder  2013 booster& master cylinder upgrade

FoMoCoSHO

Put in some treatment and go drive the piss out of it.

Are you monitoring octane adjust ratio (OAR) in Torque?

That might give you a clue to the condition of your fuel.

Vortech347

My mustangs hibernate over winter. Spring time they drive like ass until the fuel in the tank is gone.  Anything over a month or so expect to see decreased fuel quality.  Ethanol fuel sucks!!!
Matt H.
2013 SHO Performance Pack, Daily, AJPTurbo tuned
2003 SVT Cobra 497rwhp/491rwtq, Self tuned, Cruiser
1990 Mustang GT 570rwhp/530twtq, Self tuned, Open Track
2017 F150 XLT 5.0

ZSHO

I'm not quite sure how the car will perform or react in the cold weather if indeed summer-blend gas was left in the tank from the summer and how much.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

92BlackGT

bad gas will definitely kill performance. I just got some bad gas a few days ago and my LOR is at -0.2 and I'm seeing -6* on #1 timing correction. I've got to take it easy until this tank runs out
'14 Taurus SHO - non PP, Unleashed E20 tune, 3 bar - 12.91 @ 106.5 mph
'93 Mustang Coupe - AFR 165's, FTI cam, ported Cobra intake - 13.05 @ 105.6 mph

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: 92BlackGT on January 15, 2016, 02:29:04 AM
bad gas will definitely kill performance. I just got some bad gas a few days ago and my LOR is at -0.2 and I'm seeing -6* on #1 timing correction. I've got to take it easy until this tank runs out
Could also be wrong gas put in the pump, ie, 87 pumped into the 91 tank.

Either way a bit disturbing...

Is this a top tier station?

92BlackGT

yup, a shell station i usually go to :/
'14 Taurus SHO - non PP, Unleashed E20 tune, 3 bar - 12.91 @ 106.5 mph
'93 Mustang Coupe - AFR 165's, FTI cam, ported Cobra intake - 13.05 @ 105.6 mph

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: 92BlackGT on January 16, 2016, 09:05:17 AM
yup, a shell station i usually go to :/
I think I would have a friendly conversation with the GM or the owner of that station. During this friendly conversation I would let them know and maybe even show them this wonderful technology we possess that can tell us if we get a bad tank of gas or incorrect octane gas.

I would also make it clear that once is a friendly mistake, but if it continues, a fuel sample would be taken, analyzed, and the results sent to Shell and your county auditor. Make sure if you are keeping your receipts.

Besides when I drove off the lot brand new, OAR has never moved from -1 for me.

BiGMaC

Agree with FoMoCo... But I will say that my car didn't seem to like the new Shell Nitro Plus... So I am back to Chevron and happy again.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock