• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Fusion headrests

Started by SoCalSHO, July 11, 2013, 12:02:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCalSHO

Anyone have a line on the 2013 Fusion headrests? I know they are adjustable forward and back. My rental has these, and we like them. New, used in good shape, gotta be charcoal leather. Anyone know if the 2013 SHO has these?
Robert
2010 Met White
GH tuned, 3 Bar, upgraded turbos, 91 Oct
K&N drop-in or airaid, Corsa Cat-back
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

geswek

Uh; no my headrests don't move forward or backward.

Least not that I can tell.

jmr061

Yes the 2013 has them.
Jason
16 Edge Sport

geswek

Now you're making me walk out to my car to check. I do not think they move forward or backwards.

geswek

Hot damn.

They do go forward. I never knew that LOL.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

mval

My Escape based upon Fusion headrest move every which way, in fact the back one can lay flat so you have better view out the back. Not so w/my '10 SHO. Probably the only negative I can come up with. Finally saw a car I'd trade my SHO for, a new Bentley Continental GT Coupe. That was one beautiful car, of course price tag is a knock out.
MikeV
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

SoCalSHO

Quote from: mval on July 11, 2013, 09:04:55 AM
My Escape based upon Fusion headrest move every which way, in fact the back one can lay flat so you have better view out the back. Not so w/my '10 SHO. Probably the only negative I can come up with. Finally saw a car I'd trade my SHO for, a new Bentley Continental GT Coupe. That was one beautiful car, of course price tag is a knock out.
MikeV

But do the headrests adjust forward and back? :)
Robert
2010 Met White
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

SHOdded

No need to look in the rearview with the Continental GT, too busy watching the front!  Also, could you really tell you were actually moving otherwise?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SoCalSHO

Ok, I got and installed the Fusion headrests into my SHO. The covers and the actual headrests came separate. What a pain getting those covers on.
Robert
2010 Met White
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

SoCalSHO

Here are a couple photos.

Robert
2010 Met White
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

SoCalSHO

Don't know why, but the photos turned 90 degrees. Can a mod fix those? Thanks
Robert
2010 Met White
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

SoCalSHO

They do look a little small, compared to the huge Taurus headrests and compared to the interior size of the car, but since they add comfort for my wife on our trips and commute, I will keep them in. Maybe I will just put my drivers side HR in, but that could look a little odd. I really don't use them at all when driving. Besides the first few days they were installed, I haven't given them a second thought (size wise).
Robert
2010 Met White
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

DJE624

Yes, they do look a little small.  But, if they make the little lady happy, that's a plus.  I only use mine when cruising on the tollway or if my neck gets tired. 

EcoBrick Bob

I purchased 2011 Flex front headrests for my 2010.  They are adjustable and are much more comfortable.  Covers were a PITA to install.  Way to do it is to compress the foam and then install cover.
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.