• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Focus engine putting down big power

Started by J-Will, January 09, 2016, 07:40:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Will

2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

AJP turbo

Eh not really impressed.....470whp....I ran 520whp in my 2008 civic with stock internals. Didn't have to stroke and bore it.....I'd expect more if I went through all the work of upgrading the rotating assembly

People seem to still be surprised at the power that can be had with a 4 cylinder with a turbo...It's nothing new...You can turbo any motor and the sky is the limit....You can have whatever power you want as long as you have the supporting mods
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

SHOdded

Quote from: J-Will on January 09, 2016, 07:40:47 AM
This is pretty impressive:
http://www.enginelabs.com/news/big-horsepower-stroker-ecoboost-build-with-deadhook-motorsports/
Nice find!  Need to see this type of stuff happening more frequently.  Up the ante in the search for a stronger drivetrain :)  Btw, 470 whp in a streerable config would be really cool.  Most eb SHOs run between 400-450AWHP when tuned & injected.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Blackhawk

I don't think that setup has been pushed very hard, they estimate it will get another 175HP out of it with a bigger turbo.

Quote from: ajpturbo on January 09, 2016, 01:59:56 PM
Eh not really impressed.....470whp....I ran 520whp in my 2008 civic with stock internals. Didn't have to stroke and bore it.....I'd expect more if I went through all the work of upgrading the rotating assembly

People seem to still be surprised at the power that can be had with a 4 cylinder with a turbo...It's nothing new...You can turbo any motor and the sky is the limit....You can have whatever power you want as long as you have the supporting mods